Mack Manuals on Craigs, my questions

Guys,

as these are local to me here on the left coast I would appreciate your input...

http://nanaimo.en.cr...3342294828.html

question is, how close is the engine overhaul manual for me to use on my 93 E9 500.... it is dated 1981 and coded 5-EM©9-400®-100-1... good general info or just too different to be of any use??

how does the price look? I'm only interested in 2 or 3..

anyone interested in buying them go right ahead and do so, I don't have dibs on them... can work a split...

the diff one may be of interest to me... I've got 4.64's on my MH and maybe there is a change in my future, hmmmm

any input welcome, just asking..!! I don't know much about the supply of manuals.. what's rare for my truck?

thanks in advance

BC Mack

i bought this a few weeks ago:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mack-Trucks-Complete-Class-8-and-medium-service-manual-and-schematics-/140875973220?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item20ccdcc264&vxp=mtr

i cannot comment on how the software looks, since it runs on windows, and i dont, but the manual files seem pretty complete, and the price is pretty reasonable.

it uses a funny, but standard, file format. i was able to find a reader for it, but i would have preferred it were in one of the more mainstream formats.

Price is not bad,that's about the going rate I've seen them sell on Ebay.

I'm not really good with the newer #'s but A EMC9-400 would be a California rated 400 hp,I'm pretty sure,and if it's dated 1981,I'd say your engine has been swapped out.

Hi Superdog

my MH E9 is a 93 with original engine, 8 in-line pump, 500hp...

the manual for sale is 81 and I was asking how different this manual was from my 93 engine... pretty sure it would be ok as a general review or guide but not good for technical specs and adjustments... so, I probably will not buy it and keep looking for one more close to what I have...

it's like having a hobby within a hobby... its called "finding stuff"... :twothumbsup:

BC Mack

i bought this a few weeks ago:

http://www.ebay.com/...cdcc264&vxp=mtr

i cannot comment on how the software looks, since it runs on windows, and i dont, but the manual files seem pretty complete, and the price is pretty reasonable.

it uses a funny, but standard, file format. i was able to find a reader for it, but i would have preferred it were in one of the more mainstream formats.

Hi Stev

thanks for the lead... but... I'm just so old fashioned that I prefer manuals on stone tablets or parchments...

at work (transit mechanic) we have everything in an on-line library and it is a PITA to find anything, example, the Allison Hybrid Trans 'book' is 500 pages, ever tried using a laptop on a road call with a cell stick?... not even close to funny. Give me a book and my thumb will find the pages, my screwdriver is the bookmark for "multi-functional chapter comparison"... and nothing freezes!!

however, I do have some aircraft manuals on disc because the books are collector items and ebay prices are sky high....

BC Mack

Hi Superdog

my MH E9 is a 93 with original engine, 8 in-line pump, 500hp...

the manual for sale is 81 and I was asking how different this manual was from my 93 engine... pretty sure it would be ok as a general review or guide but not good for technical specs and adjustments... so, I probably will not buy it and keep looking for one more close to what I have...

it's like having a hobby within a hobby... its called "finding stuff"... :twothumbsup:

BC Mack

Sorry ,guess I misread your post.These damn pain pills I'm taking kinda got me screwed up anyway.