New guy

VPZINC

Hi everyone,

Name is Victor and I'm 24. Grew up with Mack trucks my whole life with the excavating business that my father owns. Currently we own a 1987 R model tandem axle dump truck that him and I argue over on who gets to keep it when he retires, a 2006 Granite tri-axle, and my baby: a 2007 CL-733 with a 600+hp Cummins in it. I have dreams of restoring the 87 to what I remember because of the memories I have with it. I think my mom still has baby pictures of me and the truck when we were both brand new. Here are the trucks that have helped get us to where we are:

06 and the 07:

macks.jpg

My baby hooked up to our lowboy with a Komatsu D65E on the trailer:

lowboy.jpg

One with a PC300(1 of the 3 that we own) on the trailer grossing 110,000 lbs:

hammer.jpg

And the 1987 R model:

87.jpg

• Like 2

87 RD 686SX

07 CL-733

06 Granite CV-713

"Old Macks never die, just get new generations of drivers"

Thanks guys. Hopefully this place can help me get the 87 to a restored, great looking truck that isn't a show queen and can go to work hauling and making us money every day.

87 RD 686SX

07 CL-733

06 Granite CV-713

We sure are glad to have ya along on this here run to kick @$$ dontcha know?- convoy quote of the day haha.

But anyway welcome to the forum. I'm Ben and I share this account with my dad, Tim. We're total mack fans and are obsessed with anything with two strokes. BTW I love your trucks they're all pretty sweet.

Hope you can find yourself at home in this wonderful online community we call BMT, and we'll all be more than happy to help you out with any of your Mack restoration needs :D

Ben

P.S. watch out for my Cousin Vinny, he lives a little to the left side of the straight and narrow :loldude:

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Thanks guys, nice to be warmly welcomed. Some better info on the 87 is that it's an R686SX. I know it was speced out with the super heavy duty rears which the local Mack dealer made a big deal about on the phone today when we called for parts. Is it really as rare as they made it sound? I honestly don't know much about them so that's why I'm asking you guys.

87 RD 686SX

07 CL-733

06 Granite CV-713