Saturdays U model Progress:

Well today was a fun challenge. I got the U-600 badge on! I also painted up the drivers side mirror brackets. Then Papa spent alot of time putting the marker lights on. I had to help a little too. You would think them marker lights are Mack ones, but their not. I can tell you their pretty darn close! My little cousin Jace was there too because Nana had to babysit him. Papa and I tried to get him involved so he was getting us tools and trying to wire brush things. I had to wire brush the things he did before though. He tried though. I also showed him things on the ole gold 237. I also forgot to say that Papa got the back glass in, but yea theres a big scratch on it, but its good. We also found a window gaskit, at a place that makes rubber for showers. Haha, thats funny right? It works good though. Not perfect though. Papa says he wouldnt wanna be going down 81 90 miles an hour with the windows down. Haha. (81 is a inerstate around here). More pictures in the next post.

• Like 1

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I also got the air hose hangers painted. Papa got the headliner painted, I put this one piece on the passenger side on along with the rubber plug. Then Papa and I put the breather brackets on, and I got the top side of these exaust bracket pieces painted. Forgot to put this in the last post, but you can see on the cab that I put the brab bars on, got expirience with that because I put the drivers one on, then Papa said it was upside down. So i took it off and put it on right. Then i put the passenger one on, then Papa realized tonight that we gotta take the passenger one off because the exaust bracket hooks on to it. More progress tomarrow I hope. I will get a picture of Papa and I next to the truck tomarrow for you guys.

• Like 1

Looking good. Itsgood you got your cousin involved. Is he gonna be a fan of the U model?

Ben

Thanks Ben, but no, I dont think so, hes more of a skinny 8 year old, who doesnt eat, and plays Playstation all day. When hes outside he likes to play guns, and pretend to hunt and shoot people. I guess he likes hunting too. I dont know what was going on today.

• Like 1

looking good but i hope those new door rubber insulations work for you,,,i put them in around 1984 on an f model,,,and it took two men and a boy to close the doors,,,had to slam the hell out them to get them to shut,,,good luck...bob

• Like 1