Cats Eye tire pressure monitor

I was quoted $352 dollars to do 2 axles. Slpwalker , what issues have you heard about them? There's a check valve in case of a blow out. Other wise they maintain equal pressure. Watch the "Cats" eye check pressure and repair as needed. We have had a real bad run on tires lately. It's just getting to expensive not to try a different a different approach. I just wish the drivers would thump their tires and report any suspicious tires to the shop. Seems you can't teach some people how to thump a tire and you sure hell can't make them do it. -Brad

I was quoted $352 dollars to do 2 axles. Slpwalker , what issues have you heard about them? There's a check valve in case of a blow out. Other wise they maintain equal pressure. Watch the "Cats" eye check pressure and repair as needed. We have had a real bad run on tires lately. It's just getting to expensive not to try a different a different approach. I just wish the drivers would thump their tires and report any suspicious tires to the shop. Seems you can't teach some people how to thump a tire and you sure hell can't make them do it. -Brad

new generation,,,just dont give a damn...my company uses alotta auto inflaters,,,frankly i think thier a great idea but i wouldnt buy one,,tire guage alott cheaper.ohhhh but to answer your question,,,they seem to work well,,but just another thing to have to maintain,,even in cold weather,,,they seem to work pretty good,,,dont know what kind we use.....bob

Tire gauges are great but, it depends on whos using it. All you need is a valve stem to stick or leak after checking it and now you have flat tire that the driver is not going to check, and the tire will be destroyed. Pressure is checked at every PM and the shop guys are walking the yard when the trucks start rolling in. 20 blow outs in 2 weeks, 15 of which were side wall failures. Maybe that's why I have been a ill grumpy lately. Mowerman, you are right about this newer generation, but is not an age thing. It more about how they cut there teeth in this business. Just my thought. -Brad

If a driver found running on soft tires was invited to change a few on a rainy day, they probably would be much more aware of what they we're riding on and running over.

If a driver found running on soft tires was invited to change a few on a rainy day, they probably would be much more aware of what they we're riding on and running over.

As long as its in the shop, with that big air jack and 1 inch gun.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Unless you got the braided hoses Heard they leaked. no they both do not go flat there is a check valve. Really considering this as I was checking tires on the truck Wednesday and could not fill the insides. Could check it but not fill. Might yank them off this weekend While I still have access to the jacks and tools.

Put them on my two trlrs this summer. 5 axles in all, can't remember the exact cost- don't matter-worth every penny!!

Only visual glance needed instead of actual checking at pm time! Saves time and effort!

Next year when have 16 ply tires for truck for summer and winter, will install on truck too. Pupils open up at

5 psi under calibration! They do work! 100 psi for 14 ply and 120 for 16 ply ratings.

I took the braided lines over rubber, little more expensive, but over time, rubber dries out....

Clay

They work very well, when they work. I have had three sets. One set with the braided hoses, hose is to heavy and they started leaking at swivel.One set, rubber hoses, wore through from rubbing aginst edge of hand hole on budd rim.Last set, rubber with loom to protect against wear at hand holes, worked well until new set of drives installed at big name tire dealer who somehow got farm tractor balance fluid in my tires and caused the valves on the cat`s eyes to seize up. Of course the tire dealer assurred me that he was not at fault so would not pay for them.I`m now buying my fourth set, what else can go wrong.LOL