Hi I'm New, Looking To Buy A Mack. Need Help

Hello,

I just joined here and have been looking through the old posts. I don't own a Mack but I'm looking to buy one for work. The man says it's a 89 but he's not sure of the engine and tranny. He sent me photo's and it looks like I can use it. But I was wondering if there was a place to look up the VIN number to see what engine and tranny and so forth it had?

Thanks

Brian

Hello,

I just joined here and have been looking through the old posts. I don't own a Mack but I'm looking to buy one for work. The man says it's a 89 but he's not sure of the engine and tranny. He sent me photo's and it looks like I can use it. But I was wondering if there was a place to look up the VIN number to see what engine and tranny and so forth it had?

Thanks

Brian

Post the vin and the model maybe We can help some?

How do I get a hold of the Mack Museum?

The VIN number is 1m2n188y6ha018998

Thanks

Brian

What is the model number? For example RB688?, RD 690? DM690?

The three digits after the letters will give us a hint of what engine it may have.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

ya could also go to a local dealer & give them a VIN # & get the factory specs on the truck

Heres the link for the Mack museum

& they take donations as the people who work there are volunteers & do this on THIER time . ;) They do awsome work up there :thumb:

hope this helps & :WELCOME: to BMT

Later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Thanks for the link and the hello.

The man just says it's an R model. He's playing hard to get. Seems he got a yard full of trucks so he want's me just to come n get it.

Truck is nice though and worth a ride.

He also said it has a 350 hp engine and a 9 speed. Would that be a Fuller?

Thanks

Brian

• 4 months later...
ya could also go to a local dealer & give them a VIN # & get the factory specs on the truck

I just tried running the vin to get the information but it comes up as invalid.

If you still need the information, please double check the vin and post a corrected one. I can then look for you.

I found the truck using our Mack warranty system, its a R688st, put inservice on 8/6/87, must have been a fleet truck as there was 20 made exactly the same one serial number apart, it has a E-6 300hp 4-valve head engine, trans is a fuller XF12609AX. it has rockwell rearends with 4.44 gears. The vin# is 1M2N188Y6HA018998. Hope this helps.

Thanks For the reply MackPro68,

It was a nice truck and just what I needed.

But I missed on it. I'm not sure if he sold it or not though. It might have gone to another dealer as the man said he needed to move all his units.

Happy New Year

Brian