treadle valve and slippery/dry switch

teleman

On the front of the treadle valve there is a small angled fitting in the upper front del. port....I checked an extra foot valve that came with the truck and it is the same way.I need to know where this 1/4 inch line goes and its function since it only has air when the brakes are applied.The only thing thats not hooked up is the slippery/dry valve on the dash and it has no lines on it.....Does anyone know how the slippery/dry limiter valve on the frame works?Which is the normal braking...with air to the limiter valve or with out air....getting closer...Thanks Jim

I went over to Larrys " freightrain" and we were able to trace those air lines on his B 61....The small air line on the foot valve" upper front" supplies air to the slippery/dry valve on the dash when the brakes are applied...the line coming off the valve goes to the front brake limiting valve on the inside frame rail under the cab...Thanks Larry

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Guys. I was trying to figure this out on my B753 also. I guess I have it plumbed wrong. I plugged the line at the treadle and hooked air from the air block to the slippery/wet lever. Then from there to the limiting valve under the cab. I didn't think it was working right.