Help with air lines on my B 61 T

teleman

Ive been making good progress but things have slowed connecting these air lines...1st question...on the front brakes the wet/dry valve had no air to it,im thinking the valve on the frame works normally and it takes air from the wet/dry switch to limit it?so should the front brakes work ok unhooked the way it is....The tractor protection valve and the hand valve were unhooked also.The truck was to be used as a hobby truck and he had no intention of pulling a trailer.I dont plan on pulling one either so what do I actually need for the front and rear brakes to operate normally?He had some ports blocked off on the treadle valve and I get air from the bottom of it when brakes are applied...Im not sure if somethings feeding back or the valve is leaking..Ive got no leaks in the system which Im happy about but the compressor wont unload and builds right to 150 if you dont watch it...I took the signal line off and it is getting air from the govenor...sorry ...I hope this makes sense...right now i think Ive been looking at those air lines to long and need a break...frustrated..thanks Jim

• Like 1

OK...I stepped back and thought aboutit and whats got me held up most is the treadle valve and what gets hooked where? I think he has the park brake push/pull valve supply hooked where the hand valve supply was off the front of the foot valve.The old foot valve has a smaller angled fitting facing forward on the top right ? He has that plugged on this valve and I dont know what went there Jim

Try here, Reply #4 Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks.....on my foot valve I have all lines hooked up except top/front fitting and there is no line for this?any idea what went there....do the slippery/wet switch and tractor protection switch get air from a manifold source?the diagram helped some but the top front fitting blows air when brakes are applied...I need to figure out what went there thanks Jim

yup, dry slippery oad and tractor protection switch on dash get air supplied from the manifold on the passenger side of the firewall near the air inlet tube . i plumbed my parkin brake valve/yellow push pull directly from the dry side of the air tank. the hand valve gets air from the treadle valve and then goes back down and is T'd into the treadle valve.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg