Anyone near Sussex, NJ?

tkobes43

I bought 2 Wilson 5000 antennas for the international. I put them on but I'm still getting the same old SHITTY reception. I know they need to be properly tuned in with the radio. So I'm wondering if anyone can help me out in running them. I will gladly meet you somewhere and we can go get a bite to eat on me for helping me... Let me know. If you can help me send me a PM and ill send ya my cell number.

Thanks guys.

Tom

Also Rob and JTFormula send me a PM!!!

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

I've read where if you run duals too close together they will interact and have problems. All that fancy electronic mumbo-jumbo.

How's your coax? If that is cut up or kinked it will get a high standing wave and cut your power output.

Do you have a SWR meter? Standing Wave Ratio. It's the amount getting out compared to reflected back in. Closer to zero, the better.

Where's Rob. He builds radar towers, he outta know this crap.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

LOL you guys rock! Ill make a video tomorrow morning on my set up. And ill post it on you tube. Im working again tomorrow from 3-10 so i have 7 hours to F*** around with the stupid thing.

Freighttrain- My radio has a SWR meter. LOL if my SWRs are in the red I'm assuming that's bad... Shit.

Tom

I have an sad meter separate from the radio. It's a littler more accurate. I think the two antennas are causing interference with each other. I had dual whips on my wrecker and then installed twin Wilson 1000's. It was never as good so I went back to the Wilson fiberglass whips and all was right again.

I'll dig out the swr if you come down this wash to check those transmissions.

I have an sad meter separate from the radio. It's a littler more accurate. I think the two antennas are causing interference with each other. I had dual whips on my wrecker and then installed twin Wilson 1000's. It was never as good so I went back to the Wilson fiberglass whips and all was right again.

I'll dig out the swr if you come down this wash to check those transmissions.

Sounds like a plan!!! Thats why i asked Rob to PM me. Haven't heard back from him.

Tom

Sounds like a plan!!! Thats why i asked Rob to PM me. Haven't heard back from him.

Tom

I've been tied up with large capacity air conditioning problems at a couple of facilities. Haven't heard back from the folks with the transmissions yet an am going to follow up later today.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've been tied up with large capacity air conditioning problems at a couple of facilities. Haven't heard back from the folks with the transmissions yet an am going to follow up later today.

Rob

Sounds good! You got my number, so just let me know buddy.

Tom