Gone and back again

randyp

Randy,

Thanks for your report on the Boy Scout adventures. It made me think back over 50 years ago when I was in Scouting. I did it all except make Eagle Scout. I was only two merit badges short of making Eagle when other activities took over and I left Scouting. As years went by I have always regretted that.

It's too bad that more of our young people are not interested in Scouting. I think there would be a better generation of people in the future.

• Like 2

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Randy,

Thanks for your report on the Boy Scout adventures. It made me think back over 50 years ago when I was in Scouting. I did it all except make Eagle Scout. I was only two merit badges short of making Eagle when other activities took over and I left Scouting. As years went by I have always regretted that.

It's too bad that more of our young people are not interested in Scouting. I think there would be a better generation of people in the future.

I agree with you on that, sure would. I did about the same thing myself, never made eagle. I regret that a lot also. It is a very good character building organization. randyp

My 12 year old left this morning for a week long boy scout camping trip.

I took him last night to Wally-World and the Bass Pro shop to buy some new gear.

He has been saving up for it with the money he has earned mowing and raking hay for me this hot summer. It is amazing how much time and energy he spent trying to determine what to buy because he was paying for it all! Those greenbacks are harder to pull out of your wallet when it was sweat that slid them in there.

My 12 year old left this morning for a week long boy scout camping trip.

I took him last night to Wally-World and the Bass Pro shop to buy some new gear.

He has been saving up for it with the money he has earned mowing and raking hay for me this hot summer. It is amazing how much time and energy he spent trying to determine what to buy because he was paying for it all! Those greenbacks are harder to pull out of your wallet when it was sweat that slid them in there.

I commend you greatly Olive, you are teaching him the way its posed to be done. World needs more dads like that. Too many just hand them whatever they want,,,I salute you my friend. randyp
  • Like 1