Dead battery

speerk

Spin the tire really fast, Put the truck in gear, hold the clutch in. Once tire is spinning fast, dump the clutch....

Tom

That would be using the rotating mass of the tire and hub assembly as an "inertia" starter through the driveline.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Im trying that sometime.

Stay away from the tire when and if the engine starts.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

'dem Indians are geniuses! Makes you wonder why they traded manhattan for a couple of blankets!!

You got that right! Oh wait - I think they are red dot indians - not hickory bow indians.

I bet it helps having a tired out engine with half the compression it left the factory with? They need a brass compression release petcock like Grandpa's old John Deere.

You got that right! Oh wait - I think they are red dot indians - not hickory bow indians.

I bet it helps having a tired out engine with half the compression it left the factory with? They need a brass compression release petcock like Grandpa's old John Deere.

It's a lot less cumbersome to just put the truck into second gear and shove it forward about five feet, then dump the clutch as the same principle applies. The lower the gear, (or more reduction) will spin the engine faster at a slower road speed. First gear will typically drag the tire due to too much reduction.

Rob

Oh, I will. Just Kidding, I wouldnt wanna do that with the U model. I dont think Papa would allow that either.

I'd go ahead and do it. Without that lopsided sheet metal in place it has a good chance of staying on the wheels.