mack c85f

dek1581

dek1581:

The Mack "C" cab does not tilt. In order to remove the engine the canopy over the jumpseat area can be unbolted and removed.

bulldogboy

thanks for quick reply. are the bolts easy to get to(how many) and what would be easiest way to lift cab up and away?

dek1581:

I'm not sure how many bolts there are. I drove a "C" model ladder truck many years ago and I remember the department mechanics told me

that the canopy had to be removed to change the engine. I haven't seen a "C" model upclose in years so I can't help with the bolt issue. The

canopy didn't seem all that heavy duty so I would imagine that once it was unbolted a few strong people could lift it off. Hopefully, someone

with more mechanical knowledge of "C" models could weight in on the subject. Good luck with your project; "C" models were great trucks.

bulldogboy

It's been a while since I have seen one- but the whole cab does not lift away, it is more of a "hatch" section of the rear canopy that goes over the engine. There are probably about 2 dozen bolts going around the perimeter. Loosen the bolts and two guys can lift the hatch away.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

It's been a while since I have seen one- but the whole cab does not lift away, it is more of a "hatch" section of the rear canopy that goes over the engine. There are probably about 2 dozen bolts going around the perimeter. Loosen the bolts and two guys can lift the hatch away.

i have feeling that they are located under the molding that goes over the top of the canopy half way between the top of the windshield and the rear edge of the canopy, right? any suggestions on removing this molding without damaging it would be greatly appreciated!