28th Annual Atca National Meet And Flea-market (macungie)

B66

Hi all. The ATCA National Meet and Flea-market in Macungie, PA is just around the corner and I'm looking forward to a great show again this year. Last year we had well over 500 trucks and our flea-market has 300 spaces, and if the pre-registrations tell the story, we are well ahead of last year in the number of trucks planning to attend.

We changed our advertised show dates to Friday (June 15th) and Saturday (June 16th) because people would show up on Sunday afternoon to see only a few trucks left. We are letting trucks on the fields Thursday afternoon. I have heard a rumor that all trucks must leave by Saturday night, this is NOT true. As always, everything must be removed by 7am Monday morning, so you are welcome to stick around on Sunday.

If you haven't been to the Macungie show, you are missing one of the best.

Jim Widmann, President, Antique Truck Club of America

Thanks for the update, Jim! Looks like a promising show again this year!

How many BMT Members are attending the show this year? Lets have a sound off!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Thanks for the update, Jim! Looks like a promising show again this year!

How many BMT Members are attending the show this year? Lets have a sound off!

My son bought the family Cub's tickets for the home game the same weekend; If I go to the game, I can save my nuts......

Tough choice.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

My son bought the family Cub's tickets for the home game the same weekend; If I go to the game, I can save my nuts......

Tough choice.

Rob

What are you saving them for? I don't get to use them anymore anyhow, so I'd certainly give them up for the

ATCA National Meet! I know it would be worth it.

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

What are you saving them for? I don't get to use them anymore anyhow, so I'd certainly give them up for the

ATCA National Meet! I know it would be worth it.

Doug

You bring up a valid point there Doug. It requires thought. I've been married so long the "boys" don't get a lot of usage either; Although, I've never had an interest in "singin saprano" so I think I'll keep em!!

I'll be there next year with a couple of trucks, hopefully Rogers' show also.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You bring up a valid point there Doug. It requires thought. I've been married so long the "boys" don't get a lot of usage either; Although, I've never had an interest in "singin saprano" so I think I'll keep em!!

I'll be there next year with a couple of trucks, hopefully Rogers' show also.

Rob

Ah Well Rob - and B61Fred won't be there either - It all means that I have a much better chance of scoring some of the good parts - cheap !!

Seriously, we'll miss you guys. heh, heh. heh

Paul Van Scott

Ah Well Rob - and B61Fred won't be there either - It all means that I have a much better chance of scoring some of the good parts - cheap !!

Seriously, we'll miss you guys. heh, heh. heh

Paul Van Scott

In my absence I'm deploying several of my "spies" to intercept and acquire good parts that come cheap!!

Actually, my wife has discovered my last Mack acquisition and "the boys" are in jeopardy at this moment. She mentioned something about needing to "test out" the new Ginsu Knives.

If the cause is lost; May have to regroup and say "Screw the Cubs game".

Hope to meet all of you some time.

Rob

In my absence I'm deploying several of my "spies" to intercept and acquire good parts that come cheap!!

Actually, my wife has discovered my last Mack acquisition and "the boys" are in jeapardy at this moment. She mentioned something about needing to "test out" the new Ginsu Knives.

If the cause is lost; May have to regroup and say "Screw the Cubs game".

Hope to meet all of you some time.

Rob

This is a really good item for discussion - I wonder how many of these big trucks are owned without spousal knowledge (or at least we think that we have them without our spouse's knowledge) - I know I have a couple trucks and a couple of tractors that are "mysterious" in their whereabouts.

Paul Van Scott

Hi,

Well guys, I don't know what the future hold for my truck collecting days sence the big wedding day is July 7. Sooo... I am collecting all I can untill then. I had to sell my pete to Paul's uncle, why? because I shot him a price and he took it. ( note to self, don't price anything again!). So I told all my truck buddies that she made me sell it. After several months of this, she told me to find another one so I will Shut up about the pete. I am confused but I got another truck out of it. ( sorry its not a mack)

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

Hi,

Well guys, I don't know what the future hold for my truck collecting days sence the big wedding day is July 7. Sooo... I am collecting all I can untill then. I had to sell my pete to Paul's uncle, why? because I shot him a price and he took it. ( note to self, don't price anything again!). So I told all my truck buddies that she made me sell it. After several months of this, she told me to find another one so I will Shut up about the pete. I am confused but I got another truck out of it. ( sorry its not a mack)

Fred

Hey Fred, Let's put a positive spin onto this one because aluminum scrap is at an all time high!!!!

You even have a decent loader tractor to help shove it onto your trailer, Haaah, Haaah!!!

I also know and believe you have a good one there; After a little beggin, pleadin, and most of all apologizin for your ways, all will be just fine. (At least that's the way it works with me).

I may be around to assist in the driving if you need it.

Rob