Today in pics (U)

41chevy

I'll stick it on my farm til I decide, one thing I won't do is scrap it.. Its a Massey Harris model 21and dates from around 1940/ 41 its been sitting since about 1962. Sits on the last 3 acres left of a 2400 acre corn and potato farm. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I'll stick it on my farm til I decide, one thing I won't do is scrap it.. Its a Massey Harris model 21and dates from around 1940/ 41 its been sitting since about 1962. Sits on the last 3 acres left of a 2400 acre corn and potato farm. Paul

My first "big" combine was a Massey Harris 72. It had a Chrysler industrial six cylinder flathead. I thought the ass end of that thing looked like a Massey Harris. You have to keep up on your combine butts!

My grandfather helped out on that big harvest run that Massey did during World War II to show the benefits/less labor with a self-propelled combine.

My first "big" combine was a Massey Harris 72. It had a Chrysler industrial six cylinder flathead. I thought the ass end of that thing looked like a Massey Harris. You have to keep up on your combine butts!

My grandfather helped out on that big harvest run that Massey did during World War II to show the benefits/less labor with a self-propelled combine.

Now if my family wouldn't flip out, I'd replace the Catapillar mail box holder in my avatar with it.

Have no idea what the power plant is. Hercules or Ford flathead 6 I was told. Got to cut trees down from it, battle spiders and I'm sure there are some other critters in there waiting for me.

And the plus side is I got all the forms filled out to renew my N.Y. Farm Plates for my farms original '59 R.200 binder....Which towing my non token trailer to move the combine, is exempt for DOT regs as long as it transporting farm related equipment with in a 25 mile range of the farm. Tee Hee Hee NON DOT Compliant! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Now if my family wouldn't flip out, I'd replace the Catapillar mail box holder in my avatar with it.

Have no idea what the power plant is. Hercules or Ford flathead 6 I was told. Got to cut trees down from it, battle spiders and I'm sure there are some other critters in there waiting for me.

And the plus side is I got all the forms filled out to renew my N.Y. Farm Plates for my farms original '59 R.200 binder....Which towing my non token trailer to move the combine, is exempt for DOT regs as long as it transporting farm related equipment with in a 25 mile range of the farm. Tee Hee Hee NON DOT Compliant! Paul

I bet that has a chrysler industrial engine in it. Wasn't the 21 the one with the round grain tank that they got the war department to let them build 500 of during the war as long as they went to custom harvesters? If that one is from the war years, it would be neat to see. As always TAKE PHOTOS!

The most popular small Massey around here was the 35. I saw one of them running a few years ago under the hands of a 90 year old farmer that bought it new.

What is a "token" trailer? That appeared on a title I have for a trailer with no nameplate.

NY DMV issued me a token trailer "lifetime " plate for Farm and Forestry units. The renewal is $15.00 a year and no date sticker issued, it's on the DMV receipt. The unit pulling it must have a cargo capacity of greater then 1 ton and the trailer must have a GVW of more than 6000 lbs. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

I asked around a bit about it and here what I'm told. The truck was bought from the Iowa 80 Truck stop in Walcot in 2004 with the H series Cummins in it and the original V 300 Cummins V8 with it in pieces. Now has an NTC220 Cummins in it. Was tagged originally in California and found in Wyoming. They think is was a Constructor type unit. It is in limbo right now. Not for sale bu may be. Paul

post-3242-0-89039300-1338846814_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-63676100-1338846834_thumb.jp

like it myself,,,would look better with spokes...lol.bob