tired of the dynatard(fancy noise maker)

my dynatard has dropped a cyl and i am tired of dealing with it. i want to install a pacbrake or tech-brake but i can't afford the $$$ they want for a new system.

anyone have a system or know someplace that has used mack engine brakes?

it's a 86 E6 300 ata.

what about putting a system on off of a E7?

the heads are interchangable.........

The heads may look alike but are not the same. The E7 is metric. Call phill Dirt at Global truck parts for used jakes. He is on this form.I have one with jakes and one with dyntard and no difference.And on top of the using a E 7 on a E 6 the cam is different also.I did not know tecbrake was still building parts any more. And i would not have a pacbrake on my donkey.

glenn akers

i got the dynatard working, solenoid was bad, again. the problem that i'm finding and am most worried about is the hydrolic tappets aren't aval from mack anymore and the last time i had a problem with it i had to drive 2 hrs and rummage through a junk yard to find 2 (and thats all i could find) of the updated ones.

i have driven 4 valves with jakes and i certainly have noticed the difference.

i got the dynatard working, solenoid was bad, again. the problem that i'm finding and am most worried about is the hydrolic tappets aren't aval from mack anymore and the last time i had a problem with it i had to drive 2 hrs and rummage through a junk yard to find 2 (and thats all i could find) of the updated ones.

i have driven 4 valves with jakes and i certainly have noticed the difference.

You can get those parets thru PAI

glenn akers

tried, pai doesn't carry them. they are an obsolete part.

just more proof that volvo wants these old trucks off the road is what i think.

Must be a very recent discontinued part. I ordered two last month from PAI. Had no problem getting them.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.