All about mats

other dog

I went down to Long Island Lumber the other day and got a load of mats going to a pipeline company in Idamay, West Virginia. Talk about middle of nowhere, Idamay is out there...or is it Idamae? So is Long Island for that matter. It's only a few miles from where I live.

I took a few pictures, just in case anybody was wondering about mats.

This is where I unloaded-

Front axle's off the ground after unloading.

They had a huge stockpile of mats, light and heavy duty.

Big timber bolted together.

This is where they make them in Long Island.

I went there yesterday when I got back from the eye doctor and got another load.

I noticed they had a bulldog mirror on the control tower for the debarker.

I saw mirrors with a truck attached to them in Pittsburgh.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

II went there yesterday when I got back from the eye doctor and got another load.

I noticed they had a bulldog mirror on the control tower for the debarker

I saw mirrors with a truck attached to them in Pittsburgh

The eye doctor did you some good...............

I watched a track hoe (the real digging kind, not the olympic games type) cross a marsh at a river replacement job and when he got to solid ground, he just drove off the mats, dug a hole and pushed them down in the muck and covered them up. He was doing his part to keep bulldog mirror watching mat industry workers gainfully employed.

Picture of dogs looking where they've been and where they're going, date on the back said July,2008. I remember taking this on 460 in Appomattox. Every time the pickup stopped all their heads would pop out, when it started moving again they'd disappear back inside.

• Like 1

Great pictures of the mat factory and I would say some one was going rabbit hunting. The ole dogs were say'in, Are we there yet? How about now?

I've seen a few bumperstickers on pickups with a dogbox on it that says "when the tailgate drops,the bullshit stops"! usually has pictures of beagles on it...........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

PJ Caruso paving had been around for a good number of years. My dad was friends with some of the guys there. They always had a bunch of Mack's and always took care of them. That's a typical Pittsburgh triaxle right there.

This is right across the street from Galv-Tech, all the trucks i've seen there are Macks. Most are newer, but that R-model just looks tough.

This is right across the street from Galv-Tech, all the trucks i've seen there are Macks. Most are newer, but that R-model just looks tough.

Yeah they're right on 837. Do you load in/out of the techs often? Yeah that tough looking r was typical around these for a a lot of contractors up until a couple years ago when a lot were replaced by either newer Mack's or peterbilts with aluminum bodies. Those heavy spec triaxles are what I grew up around. 237s 300 350 with loholes 44 or 58 rears and steel bodies. They could haul aggregate,coal, sand, or slag. Pretty much a utility workhorse.

Yeah they're right on 837. Do you load in/out of the techs often? Yeah that tough looking r was typical around these for a a lot of contractors up until a couple years ago when a lot were replaced by either newer Mack's or peterbilts with aluminum bodies. Those heavy spec triaxles are what I grew up around. 237s 300 350 with loholes 44 or 58 rears and steel bodies. They could haul aggregate,coal, sand, or slag. Pretty much a utility workhorse.

yeah, I loaded at Galv-Tech twice this week, 3 times last week I think. We load there a lot. That's probably where i'll load Monday.