April 23rd 2012 Olivetroad auction action

Olivetroad

Today coming home from an auction we were only 14 feet, 2 inches wide - I did not know that the nice flat hatted highway patrolmen carried 25 foot measuring tapes until today! The only reason I did not get a ticket was that he was a good ol' farm boy and I had red flags bungeed on the corners. I had to promise to buy some overwidth load signs so at least it looks like I know what I am doing - those were his words.

Antique Gleaner E combine - came from original owner, only been rained on once in fifty years:

post-6658-0-49691600-1335233015_thumb.jp

We also had a on a yankee built Pequea hay tedder, a Ford sickle mower, and a loader for a IHC tractor on the back.

post-6658-0-20886100-1335233102_thumb.jp

I like to keep my belly clean so I don't have to be grimy on the drive home - note the periogiosessesses apron:

post-6658-0-62742700-1335233028_thumb.jp

Daisy the collie dog rode along - she barks at all the trucks when they passed us:

post-6658-0-92602700-1335232954_thumb.jp

"Antique Gleaner E combine - came from original owner, only been rained on once in fifty years"

Would you like to buy some waterfront property in Florida?

Ha! Those photos don't do that thing justice. I met the owner and he is 85 years old and bought it new. It is a beautiful thing - amazing that he kept it so clean all those years. When we left he kept apologizing that the sun umbrella had bird poop on it.

WHAT?? Buy an Overwidth banner!

You have got to be kidding me!

There goes the profit margin on this haul......

Looks like a good score. The tedder is similiar in concept to Grimm made in Rutland, VT.

Jim

PS. Maybe you could buy the banner at auction.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

That combine is awesome. What will you do.with it?

Mike

The real cool thing about it is that my Uncle and his dad & uncle were a AC dealer and he sold it new to the guy - the WISE BROTHERS sticker is still on the side. I think I may have to park it back in the barn just for that reason.

I know that no one would really care, but it also has the optional finger reel with the ultra rare for a E model - hydraulic fore and aft adjustment on the reel. He put all new belts on it a few years ago and new internal drag chains on the clean grain and return grain elevators. A perfect example of how you never get your money out of something like that when it comes time to sell it.

WHAT?? Buy an Overwidth banner!

You have got to be kidding me!

There goes the profit margin on this haul......

Looks like a good score. The tedder is similiar in concept to Grimm made in Rutland, VT.

Jim

PS. Maybe you could buy the banner at auction.

There would have been more profit margin if while I went to pay, someone had not stolen the PTO shaft out of the mower.