Looking for a flange nut CRD93 carrier

I'm looking for a new drive flange nut for the pinion (carrier pinion shaft nut-service manual TS-442) on a CRD-93 rear carrier. It looks like an 1-3/8"x12 thread. A 1-13/16" socket fits it. It's a steel locker type nut. I had to replace the seal and had to use some heat to get the old nut off. Tracy at Watts has call into the Mack museum for me trying to track this nut down. I also tried a couple Driveline pinion nuts but they didn't fit between the flanges when the yokes were bolted together. I also went to a Fastenal who could understand what it was for then told me they couldn't sell anything to me that was automotive related.Here's the carrier number 11KH4134P19 ratio 732 CRD93-65-2. I could always try using the old one with locktite because the truck isn't used for work but I'd like to put a new one on.

http://www.securitylocknut.com/standard-hex

Scroll down Grade 8 standard steel lock nut part # 1003-1375-120-2-0

Toll Free: 877-992-2234

Phone: 847-970-4050

Email: sales@securitylocknut.com

I used the for almost all of the new hard ware for my AC Crane carrier chassis. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I spoke with Ray at SecurityLocknut, he said I would have to call McMaster-Carr to get the nuts because they are the manufacturer and I would have to go to a distributor....So I call McMaster-Carr and they inform me that they no longer carry that nut and I would have to go somewhere else..I call Ray back and he says "I'll put a SAMPLE in the mail" for me to "TRYOUT"..LOL I hope it works out. Anyways they have been great people to deal with so far.

If that fails I would check out Anderson brothers and Northern Drivetrain. I have gotten some pretty odd stuff from both. I recently tore up a flange yoke that was on national back order that my local driveline shop couldn't get. Northern had it to me 2 days later! Anderson can be a little hit or miss but if you get the right guy on the line they will bend over backwards for you.

I spoke with Ray at SecurityLocknut, he said I would have to call McMaster-Carr to get the nuts because they are the manufacturer and I would have to go to a distributor....So I call McMaster-Carr and they inform me that they no longer carry that nut and I would have to go somewhere else..I call Ray back and he says "I'll put a SAMPLE in the mail" for me to "TRYOUT"..LOL I hope it works out. Anyways they have been great people to deal with so far.

I had good luck so far with them for some of the odd fasteners on my AC. Keep us in the loop. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 1 month later...

Just an update I did get the Security Locknut to work I had to grind just a hair (approx. 1/32") off the one side (w/o the lock "ring") to get the nut to work between the flanges for my liking. All in all the nut has worked good. I torqued it to 700 ft/lbs ts442 says between 600-920lbs manufacturer says good to 800lbs so I split the difference and have not noticed any vibration, loose feel of the yoke, or fluid loss. Id recommend the guys at Security Locknut to yinz guys here, they were pretty pleasant people to deal with. Thanks for giving me the heads up on them!

Just an update I did get the Security Locknut to work I had to grind just a hair (approx. 1/32") off the one side (w/o the lock "ring") to get the nut to work between the flanges for my liking. All in all the nut has worked good. I torqued it to 700 ft/lbs ts442 says between 600-920lbs manufacturer says good to 800lbs so I split the difference and have not noticed any vibration, loose feel of the yoke, or fluid loss. Id recommend the guys at Security Locknut to yinz guys here, they were pretty pleasant people to deal with. Thanks for giving me the heads up on them!

We're all glad to share! Security just sent me tran axle drive gear nuts for my AC a few days ago. Great bunch. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE