4/21/2012 Olivetroad auction action

Olivetroad

Here is today's auction haul:

Another hay baler - no flats this time, we sailed right along at 60 mph

post-6658-0-03483500-1335053170_thumb.jp

If you look closely, here on the truck you can find a 3pt hitch log splitter, fenders for the little Belarus tractor, a 72 inch finish mower, a bale spear, a two man posthole digger, and a ladder the blushing bride has wanted to change light bulbs with:

post-6658-0-14863500-1335053070_thumb.jp

I also bought my daughter that went with me a $2.00 used scooter:

post-6658-0-39076400-1335053137_thumb.jp

The coolest thing was the little Glock 36 that dad found on the way home when we took a gun shop detour:

post-6658-0-09834900-1335053125_thumb.jp

Very nice Olive, Never owned a belt baler but they make a pretty nice bale. My Krone baler has a chain chamber. Great goodies you have there and a little protection from night time visitors. I'm looking for a big tiller to go behind my 2550 JD if you come along one could you let me know?

Very nice Olive, Never owned a belt baler but they make a pretty nice bale. My Krone baler has a chain chamber. Great goodies you have there and a little protection from night time visitors. I'm looking for a big tiller to go behind my 2550 JD if you come along one could you let me know?

Stone Cold Planer: They sold a John Deere 2550 (or a 2555? - I don't remember the last digit) four wheel drive with a JD loader, and no cab today at the auction, it brought $9,500. It was very straight but had faded paint and needed four new tires. I was the back up bidder and should have run it higher I think in retrospect.

A good friend of mine was standing next to me a couple weeks ago when they sold one of those six foot tillers that come over on the boat attached to those little 4X4 Jap tractors. I was nice and did not bid against him and he ended up buying it for $800.00 which made me sick at the time it seemed so cheap. But then he got it home and the gear box had a bad gear when he went to use it.

So the big man upstairs was looking out for me once again.

I think that no one that has a big 3pt tiller ever sells it unless the thing is shot.

Stone Cold Planer: They sold a John Deere 2550 (or a 2555? - I don't remember the last digit) four wheel drive with a JD loader, and no cab today at the auction, it brought $9,500. It was very straight but had faded paint and needed four new tires. I was the back up bidder and should have run it higher I think in retrospect.

A good friend of mine was standing next to me a couple weeks ago when they sold one of those six foot tillers that come over on the boat attached to those little 4X4 Jap tractors. I was nice and did not bid against him and he ended up buying it for $800.00 which made me sick at the time it seemed so cheap. But then he got it home and the gear box had a bad gear when he went to use it.

So the big man upstairs was looking out for me once again.

I think that no one that has a big 3pt tiller ever sells it unless the thing is shot.

Ha Olive I like the name! A 2550 with a loader and 4X4 in decent shape should fetch 14 to 16 thousand around here. A six foot tiller new is about 3000.00 from JD or land pride and I can't justify that at this point. I know a used one would probably be rode hard and put away wet.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking for a big tiller to go behind my 2550 JD if you come along one could you let me know?

Keep your eye on EBay. I scored a brand new six foot "County Line" (Tractor Supply house brand) for $1100.00 last year from a guy in MD who buys out places that are going out of business. He had it for $1400.00 or offer. I put an offer of $1100.00 in thinking I would never get it at that price; when it came right back that I had bought it I had to think quick about how I was going to tell the DW.

Not as HD as Deere, but I can wear it out twice for the price of one JD.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Keep your eye on EBay. I scored a brand new six foot "County Line" (Tractor Supply house brand) for $1100.00 last year from a guy in MD who buys out places that are going out of business. He had it for $1400.00 or offer. I put an offer of $1100.00 in thinking I would never get it at that price; when it came right back that I had bought it I had to think quick about how I was going to tell the DW.

Not as HD as Deere, but I can wear it out twice for the price of one JD.

Darrell Waltrip would probably congratulate you for getting such an outstanding deal.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.