A little work today

Convinced myself I could live without driving my truck for a couple of days and starting taking apart the homemade battery box and air tank mount (one piece)...Also removed all the airlines and frame bolts to get ready to install the new crossmember...

Got an R model battery box offa ebay...looks pretty good! Got an airtank clamp and bracket coming...will try to get part of the frame sanded and painted...

post-6773-0-70188900-1333938797_thumb.jppost-6773-0-86472100-1333938810_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Looks good leversole!!! Im debating if I should put Canadian battery boxes on my U since it was built in Canada, or if I should just put diamond plate ones on it. Any ideas?

Personal preference. Go with what you like. The only diamond, or treadplate I personally like is the underhood steps on the Western trucks.

Uncle Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Personal preference. Go with what you like. The only diamond, or treadplate I personally like is the underhood steps on the Western trucks.

Uncle Rob

Actually I think im going to let mt Papa decide what he wants to put on there. i dont think we are going to find Canadian Battery boxes though, they are kind of hard to find.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Convinced myself I could live without driving my truck for a couple of days and starting taking apart the homemade battery box and air tank mount (one piece)...Also removed all the airlines and frame bolts to get ready to install the new crossmember...

Got an R model battery box offa ebay...looks pretty good! Got an airtank clamp and bracket coming...will try to get part of the frame sanded and painted...

post-6773-0-70188900-1333938797_thumb.jppost-6773-0-86472100-1333938810_thumb.jp

That battery box really raised the average! I bet it makes you want to finish the rest. Lookin' good!