Tandem axle dump truck

let it loose

Gentleman, I'm in need of a tandem dump truck this year. Anyone have anything around the St. Louis area?

Here is my craigslist want ad:

I'm looking for a tandem axle dump truck around the St. Louis area. I would like the truck to have 44,000 lbs axles or better, over 300 hp, and at least a 15' bed.

Looking for a Mack DM, Ford L8000 or L9000, Kenworth T800, Western Star, Mack R model, etc.

The truck can be powered by CAT, CUMMINS, DETRIOT, or MACK.

*No tractor conversions please*

Contact Scott at 6three6. 2six2..2three22

*I have a single axle GMC gas dump and a 24' box truck with CAT power for trade if interested.

Ad sounds fine, just remember if you use Craigslist to rerun it every few days. How new of one are you looking for? I have a neighbor that is considering retireing and he has some older late 80's L8000 Fords and IHC's he is thinking of selling.

Do you have photos of the other trucks and what do you want for them? Send any photos to: olivetroad@gmail.com

Ad sounds fine, just remember if you use Craigslist to rerun it every few days. How new of one are you looking for? I have a neighbor that is considering retireing and he has some older late 80's L8000 Fords and IHC's he is thinking of selling.

Do you have photos of the other trucks and what do you want for them? Send any photos to: olivetroad@gmail.com

That's around the years that I'm looking for. If you would, pass along my phone number to him or you can pm his number. I don't have any photos of any trucks right now.

His name is Benny Weatherall and he is about 80 years old and has always had a small excavating/trucking company. His phone number is (573)220-1766. Tell him you got the number from me - David Backer.

He is wanting to either sell the trucks and most of his equipment or have an auction. I almost think they would bring more at auction than what he will ask for them.

I am his neighbor and he does a lot of work for me around here - very straight forward & honest guy - need more like him!

Might try nebraska truck and equipment in lincolin neb Vince sold me my granite last summer he gets some late model low miles rd and cv on trade. There a small dealer but treated me good. I don't know what your looking to spend.

I'll give them a call, thanks.

• 2 years later...

I have a 1979 Ford L9000 with a 290 Cummings big cam with turbo. Its a good truck I been working it on the levee I recently put a new transmission in it a new clutch, new starter, new powersteering pump, all new seals, it has good tires on it, the motor is excellent. Its has a 15ft bed double frame..the only thing is that one of my differentials went out I got another truck so I really didnt have the time to change it..I started on it I took the old one out already. Im asking $5,500 I can get a lot more than that for it but I got another truck..I actually paid more than that for the truck without the money I put

into it..its a way better truck than when I first brought it..u can call me if u wanna call and ask about the truck..my name is Ferman 9857743558

Let it Loose- "Mound Stone" has a post for this Ford on the Baton Rouge, Lousiana Craigslist. It's under heavy equipment and was posted last on December 19 as 1979 ford l9000 dump truck. Take a look because it has pics and a description.