Got the EF out to start getting ready for show/parade season,and once again having ignition problems.Replaced points and condensor again,still no luck,gotta coil coming this week.Thinking really strong about putting in a Pertronix kit,anyone have any experience with them?If so do they make them for 6 volt + ground,or should I rewire it to 12 volt -?It 's getting real aggravating that one of my nicest trucks won't start & run.post-61-0-85726200-1333519309_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got the EF out to start getting ready for show/parade season,and once again having ignition problems.Replaced points and condensor again,still no luck,gotta coil coming this week.Thinking really strong about putting in a Pertronix kit,anyone have any experience with them?If so do they make them for 6 volt + ground,or should I rewire it to 12 volt -?It 's getting real aggravating that one of my nicest trucks won't start & run.post-61-0-85726200-1333519309_thumb.jpg

Superdog

I was having a similar problem with my B20. The day my wife decides to take a ride with me the truck dies right in the middle of the road. Long story short it was a faulty ignition switch. A 5 dollar part. I replaced it last night and the truck has never run better. Something was shorting out in the switch when it was running. I tried everything! It was the last thing I would have thought of until I jingled the switch and she fired up without making a full revolution. Let me know how you make out.