Kawasaki for Sale

other dog

Forgot this picture I took Thursday. Don't know where to put Kawasakis so i'll just stick it here in case anyone's interested.

This belongs to Tom, who works in the shop. He wants to sell it. Last year he said he wanted to trade it for a small Kubota tractor. It's a '96 or '97 model, 16,000 miles on it, said he wanted $3500 for it. I don't know much about it except it's a nice looking bike and he takes really good care of it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I don't think he will have any trouble selling for that price. I've ridden a couple like them and they are a nice combination of smooth, power, and comfort.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

One for the "strange but true" file,but believe it or not,i have never been on a motorcycle in my entire life!......................................Mark

I've never been on a ferris wheel, roller coaster, or any kind of ride at the fair.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I've never been on a ferris wheel, roller coaster, or any kind of ride at the fair.

No wonder you like Peterbilt.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've ridden in a convertible but never drove one either. I have however driven a Peterbilt.

Well,i truly hate to admit (especially to this crowd) but i too have driven a peterbilt,late in life my dad bumped his head,became mildly retarded,and bought not one, but two of em'!!!!!!! we still don't don't speak of this tragedy at family functions!...................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Don't know where to put Kawasakis

There are certain forums where you would have received suggetions that would not have been humanly possible to accomplish (for most people).

Rode a motorcycle when I was younger but no more.

Never drove a Pete.

Drive for a living but get motion sickness when someone else is driving.

Can do a Ferris Wheel but not a Merry-Go-Round.

Jim

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.................thas me on the left 25-6 maybe? and my dad on the right with his pride and joy. The burgundy 359 was a 425 B-model Cat/14 speed spicer SST w/3:55 rears......Dads 359 was a Big Cam 400 Cummins,13 speed RoadRanger also with 3:55 rears both air-ride 275 wheelbases,i made the occaisional trip when his regular driver was off,vaction etc........truthfully,i was'nt real impressed with either one of them, but the Cat was less trouble than the Cummins,they were both nice trucks,he and his driver kept them spotless,which is prolly a lot of the reason i'm as "anal" as i am with my truck!......................................Mark

post-5836-0-80908800-1333316215_thumb.jp

Ya know, It's been so many years I plum done forgot about this misadventure:

I too drove a Pete once! All I remember is that thing was a cabover, 1971 with a 318 Detroit, RT913 trans, on Eaton 4.11 rears. In typical Pete fashion it didn't like to stay running and played "DORF" several times for people trying to drive it someplace. You know "FORD" spelled backwards as in "Driver Returning On Foot".

Anyways, back in the year of our lord 1981, I'd just turned 21 and wanted a class "D" driver's license so I could drive legally. I asked a neighbor if he'd take me up to get my license in his truck with a 40' van trailer he had. He didn't mind doing that but the truck kept stopping up fuel filters so couldn't count on it. Turns out his grandson dumped several shovels of sand from the sandbox into the rt. tank and this was the root of the problem. I didn't realize it then, but being a grandparent now, I realize you really can't beat those kids as your own!! So I took the tank off the truck, cut the bottom out of it with a torch, hauled it to the car wash, washed it thoroughly, then welded the bottom back into it. Sort of like the Mack last weekend. With no leaks, a new fuel filter, (sock type in canister), and a couple hours of familiarization time, it was off to the Secretary of State's Office, (DMV everywhere else but the communist republic of Illinois) While the truck passed inspection and I was able to pass the test, this thing left a sour assed taste in my mouth like someone dumping sugar into a glass of piss water and telling you it's orange juice! Never drove it again but it was still around several years afterward.

Don't think I've driven any since.

Rob

If it was an H2 Kawasaki 750 Id be on it....

I had a 1971 H1, 1972 H2, a 1973 Z1, and a 1976 KZ900. Bout scared the livin shit out of "Momma" on each of em. But I survived to pester ya'll.

Rob

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.................thas me on the left 25-6 maybe? and my dad on the right with his pride and joy. The burgundy 359 was a 425 B-model Cat/14 speed spicer SST w/3:55 rears......Dads 359 was a Big Cam 400 Cummins,13 speed RoadRanger also with 3:55 rears both air-ride 275 wheelbases,i made the occaisional trip when his regular driver was off,vaction etc........truthfully,i was'nt real impressed with either one of them, but the Cat was less trouble than the Cummins,they were both nice trucks,he and his driver kept them spotless,which is prolly a lot of the reason i'm as "anal" as i am with my truck!......................................Mark

They are pretty nice looking petes, do you remember what year they are. the blue one looks like it has 95 on the hood. Ron

Reminds me of a story about my late uncle Mack,he was a plumber all his life,and when he retired he had always wanted a new Cadillac,so he treated himself to a brand new Coupe Deville triple black,all the options,a really nice car. Well he babied this thing,only dove it on weekends,dont think it ever saw rain or snow. So one summer he and his young grandson were detailing the car,wax, etc. he was a little guy,maybe 5-6 years old at the time ,so "pop-pop" had him wiping off the wax as he put it on,only trouble was he was taking off the wax with the rusty jagged edge of a tuna fish can!!!!!!! i'm surprized he lived to tell the story!!!!! we still kid him about it to this day,never let him live it down!.........................Mark

They are pretty nice looking petes, do you remember what year they are. the blue one looks like it has 95 on the hood. Ron

Ron,the burgandy one was a 1985,the blue one was a 1986 numbers 94& 95 respectively,95 was the year he leased both trucks to a friend of his..............................Mark

I had a 1971 H1, 1972 H2, a 1973 Z1, and a 1976 KZ900. Bout scared the livin shit out of "Momma" on each of em. But I survived to pester ya'll.

Rob

I had a 81 GS1100 SUZUKI i had it built up, that thing was very fast, got rid of it so i could buy my B model. i am having just as much fun with my truck. Ron

Ron,the burgandy one was a 1985,the blue one was a 1986 numbers 94& 95 respectively,95 was the year he leased both trucks to a friend of his..............................Mark

I always liked the factory paint stripes on the older trucks they had more class than the new ones. Ron

I had a 81 GS1100 SUZUKI i had it built up, that thing was very fast, got rid of it so i could buy my B model. i am having just as much fun with my truck. Ron

Hi Ron, was yours a "G", "L", or "E"? I had an "E" and the damned thing literally threw me off accelerating at the track, (leathers saved my ass) but man did I get laughed at which is nothing new..........

Rob

Hi Ron, was yours a "G", "L", or "E"? I had an "E" and the damned thing literally threw me off accelerating at the track, (leathers saved my ass) but man did I get laughed at which is nothing new..........

Rob

I forgot the E it was a GS1100E. i had the head ported, bigger pistons, polished crankshaft, undercut transmission, 40mm Mikuni raidial flatslide carbs 6" over swingarm, and a rear slick, i ran it on the street for 15 years. ran low 9s at 140mph in the quarter mile. Ron

I forgot the E it was a GS1100E. i had the head ported, bigger pistons, polished crankshaft, undercut transmission, 40mm Mikuni raidial flatslide carbs 6" over swingarm, and a rear slick, i ran it on the street for 15 years. ran low 9s at 140mph in the quarter mile. Ron

That is pretty close to what mine would run but I didn't build the engine so didn't know what was in "it". The damned thing was too fast, (and uncomfortable) to ride everyday and at the track you had to run a tacky slick on the rear or it would wash out. That is how I got ejected; it hung on when I expected some slippage. I was only at about 50mph at the time and popped 2nd, or 3rd with no clutch and off I went!!! Really didn't hurt the bike too bad as most stuff on it was plastic and aftermarket with a lot of engine guards.

The good ole days ehh?

Rob