What I Did Today

other dog

The back story-

I got up yesterday morning around 5am, just had to go to Lynchburg to unload a load of coils, then i'd go load lumber or something and head back up the road to make my third round of the week. I stepped into the closet to find a pair of pants- I never leave home without them- and water was chest high in the closet and rising fast. The hot water tank is behind the closet wall and I assumed it must be leaking- but you should never assume anything. Besides, i'd replaced the hot water tank about 5 or 6 years ago.

So first I swam over and found some pants, then I shut the pump off. Took all of the clothes out of the closet and threw them on the bed, then the shelves, then took the wall out- actually, all I had to do was set it aside, as I never put the nails or screws back when I replaced the tank the last time. Found the tank itself wasn't leaking but the copper line that goes out to the faucets had a pinhole in it and was squirting a fine stream of water out and up on the wall.

Then I called headquarters and told them I had issues at home so I needed to go unload, then load something to leave Sunday with so I could take care of the issues at home.

No problem there- Todd told me maybe I should try to do something to attract her- at first I thought he said "to a tractor"- I said "i'm not interested in that, i'd rather find something that will run her off. Besides, it's not that kind of problem. It's water problems and i'll have to go to Lowes". He said "that's fine, go unload and i'll find you something".

So I unloaded in Lynchburg then went to Moneta and loaded lumber to unload in Oakland Monday. Went to Lowes and got what I needed to fix the water line, came home and fixed it in a few minutes...then I thought "I should go on to Oakland, it's only a 5 hour trip".

Nope. We went to the Chinese restaurant in Altavista instead. Then I came home and took a piece of brisket out of the freezer so it could thaw.

Which brings me to "what I did today". Took a while to get here, eh?

Put the brisket in the smoker around 6am, took it out about 12:15. First brisket i've cooked and it came out fairly well I thought.

It's really strange to be off though. It seemed like Saturday all day and it's only Friday.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

WOW!!!! What excitement at the OD home. Gla dyou got it fixed. Now keep the winders open so it all can dry out, otherwise you gonna have mildew/mold.

What I did today-2 things, nothing and shit.

Really, them fine tires i had put on aweek ago, one cap come off.

Called the tire shop, less than 1000 miles, "Warranty should cover that, not a week old"

We shall see

Oh yeah, nice looking brisket there

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

thank you very much Ed. My first brisket- did I mention that before, that it was the first brisket i've attempted?

I bought a whole brisket last week, $38, cut it into 3 pieces and put them in the freezer. Got 2 pieces left. This was the smallest piece, and it was the first time i'd cooked brisket.

thank you very much Ed. My first brisket- did I mention that before, that it was the first brisket i've attempted?

I bought a whole brisket last week, $38, cut it into 3 pieces and put them in the freezer. Got 2 pieces left. This was the smallest piece, and it was the first time i'd cooked brisket.

Was this your first brisket? Looks almost good enough to eat, especially since it was your first one. Before you cooked your first brisket, your deal about easily removing the rear wall because you just set it back in place is classic! That is something I would do and I cooked my first brisket a long time ago.

You need to get some Show-Me BBQ sauce to use on your next brisket, which is your second one, because didn't you just cook your first one? It is made by a retired Veterinary professor who cooked his first brisket many moons ago and lives in Columbia Mo. We have never found a better sauce to cook with, for your first brisket or your second one, or your third, or your....... They ship that stuff all over the world, often to people overseas that I bet are cooking their first cat or dog, much like you cooked your first brisket.

Thanks for the photos of your first brisket, they smell really good!

WOW!!!! What excitement at the OD home. Gla dyou got it fixed. Now keep the winders open so it all can dry out, otherwise you gonna have mildew/mold.

What I did today-2 things, nothing and shit.

Really, them fine tires i had put on aweek ago, one cap come off.

Called the tire shop, less than 1000 miles, "Warranty should cover that, not a week old"

We shall see

Oh yeah, nice looking brisket there

Someone got to sniffin the glue instead of using it on that retread.

Told momma, I found out why our brisket never seems to be that good. Told her on the next one, we have to rip down a piece of wall, put a hole in a water pipe and wet my pants....I'll keep you posted

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Told momma, I found out why our brisket never seems to be that good. Told her on the next one, we have to rip down a piece of wall, put a hole in a water pipe and wet my pants....I'll keep you posted

That might work, but actually I got lots of cooking tips here- http://www.texasbbqforum.com/viewforum.php?f=2

Damn you, it's almost midnight and now I'm hungry again. Was that your first brisket?

It was indeed the first "real" brisket i've smoked. I bought the small pieces before that was sealed in a plastic bag and swimming in brine but never a fresh one.