Brute:

Rob

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-Mack-RD888SX-Tandem-Axle-Dump-Truck-/270944762636?pt=Commercial_Trucks&hash=item3f1590fb0c

I could prolly stand to have this but I'd put round headlamps in it. Just can't get the "hang" of rectangulars in an R model.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,

If it was 30 years or so ago Colonial S&S. would rip out the 400 an put in a V12 Detroit an load em up with Port Washington sand an go down the road with em!!

That Detroit engine would certainly be more fitting for something that size.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,

If it was 30 years or so ago Colonial S&S. would rip out the 400 an put in a V12 Detroit an load em up with Port Washington sand an go down the road with em!!

There are still 3 of Colonials old RD's working the gravel barges on Shore Road on Hempstead Harbor as loaders for the stacker.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The 400 is plenty for what the big RDs were designed for ive hauled many a loads of coal on these through the mountains most in the 40 to 50 ton range. the stoutest one ive ever been in had the 427 with the 8spd and 6.73 gears that thing would pull like a raped ape (sorry rob) but the 400s were not far behind in the power dept . alot of people around here had them with the 425 cat in them also but i would rather have one with the mack engine as they didnt break down everyday. they was one that had a e9 500 in it and that was a brute but driving too fast on the mountain haul roads got it totaled as it went over the mountain when the driver side dumped it while going around a curve too fast while loaded.

rob are you gonna bid on it? Square headlights and all?

No, I am not going to bid on it. I'm not a trucker and really have no plans to be at this point. I just like the truck. I'll take it if you'll pay for it?

I'm about to put both of my nephews on opposing corners selling and berating each other's differing rags to drive up revenues, so I can buy some truck shit.

Rob