Never seen this set up on a U model

ok bob

my87 U model,,,used to deliver to mcdonalds ,in california,,,belonged to an outfit called golden state foods,,,was painted red brand new paint job when i bought it in 89,,but if you looked at it,in a certain light,,,you could see the big golden arches on the airshield,,,i thought that was pretty cool,,,being a big micky D fan.lol...ill try to find pictures in a few days...bob

Someone here correct me if I am misinformed, but in keeping with the original purpose of the U model (short BBC), the shorter cab was retained throughout the entire model run.

Gregg

That's right as far as I know. I have an '80 brochure that lists the 90" BBC as standard but offers the 93" as an option so I guess you could order the plus 3 cab on a U if the BBC wasn't an issue. There was a nice blue U model with a plus 3 cab on Ebay a few months back.

wow bob thats cool your old U worked for mickey D's!!! im goona eat at Mcdonalds more now....LOL, do you know where that truck went bob and if it is still around?

I also like all this talk of my favorite Mack, and truck, the SIDEWINDERS!!!!!! that should be a sports team

ok vinney,,,i found a couple of pictures of it,,,have to wait for the old lady to scan them to the computer,,these two were the only ones i could find of it right now,,,lucky you,,wish i was eating there today,,,i could eat there every day.lol..but have to have home cookin most of the time,,,last time i saw that truck,,was in oakland california,,around 1995,,it still looked good,,,it was a great work truck,,,air ride cab,,ac,,sterio..power steering,,,only thing i didnt like,,,it had a 300 hp,,,wih 4 valve heads,,,it didnt pull or sound as good as the 350,,,i traded in for it,,,was a cruiseliner,,,that was also a real good truck.also i think sidewinder (is) a popular sports team name thu out the usa..bob

ok vinney,,,i found a couple of pictures of it,,,have to wait for the old lady to scan them to the computer,,these two were the only ones i could find of it right now,,,lucky you,,wish i was eating there today,,,i could eat there every day.lol..but have to have home cookin most of the time,,,last time i saw that truck,,was in oakland california,,around 1995,,it still looked good,,,it was a great work truck,,,air ride cab,,ac,,sterio..power steering,,,only thing i didnt like,,,it had a 300 hp,,,wih 4 valve heads,,,it didnt pull or sound as good as the 350,,,i traded in for it,,,was a cruiseliner,,,that was also a real good truck.also i think sidewinder (is) a popular sports team name thu out the usa..bob

ok thanks bob. cant wait for the pics!!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg