E6-350 Mack Question

Doffer

I run a 1994 Mack Truck with a Schwing Concrete Pump mounted on it. I am wondering what the normal oil pressure is supposed to be, HOT while idling. currently its hovering right around 30PSI which seems too low to me. When cold its at or above 60Psi, but as it warms up it gradually gets lower. If i am throttling the truck, the oil pressure is OK. The engine has 21750 hours on it and it has 550,000 miles on the chassis.

The Engine Brake works great all the time if that helps?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Well that is good news indeed then! I just recently started running this truck, so i wasnt sure what the normal pressures were. On my other Mack, the oil pressure is higher, thats just why i was worried.

Heres a few pictures of her

post-11013-0-15181400-1332197213_thumb.j

post-11013-0-12055700-1332197265_thumb.j

Well that is good news indeed then! I just recently started running this truck, so i wasnt sure what the normal pressures were. On my other Mack, the oil pressure is higher, thats just why i was worried.

Heres a few pictures of her

Much better to ask and less expensive than tearing down.

Welcome to the site.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Welcome! Thanks for the photos!

have bought pump trucks to resell before and played with them, but I have always wondered how often you have to rebuild the pump on those things. Also how many hours can you get you get out of the boom - I would think the concrete would wear it internally pretty fast?

on the booms, its recommended to change the boom system every 10,000 yards. The cups need replaced around that also. The cups are the large Rubber Plungers attached to long hydrualic cylinders that push the concrete through the boom-line.

The boom line on the larger pumps is a smaller diameter, so it wears a lot faster and its right around 4,000-6,000.

These numbers are just recommended specs per manufacturers. A more realistic number for the smaller booms is around 15,000-20,000 yards before it needs replaced

The hopper, and the pumping components are all Hardfaced, so the parts last a longer period of time. The boom system is not hard faced though, so it tends to wear out quite quickly.

Not sure what the Yardage to Hours would be

• Like 1