Car Haulin'

Underdog

Thought you folks might be interested to see what and how I am doing my latest adventure. Lots to learn, but so far I am enjoying the mental & physical challenge, and the boss seems happy with my progress. I have been training for 2 weeks, I don't know yet if he will cut me loose this week or not. They are very particular about how things get done so it is up to the boss when he thinks I can go on my own.

I did get a truck assigned to me though, a 2004 Sterling/ Mercedes. Decent enough, but I get lost a lot without that bulldog compass needle out on the hood !!!

post-2694-0-67510600-1332117055.jpg

Here is my own handiwork, a 10 car load ready to roll. I have been working local in the Philadelphia area during training.

• Like 1

Thought you folks might be interested to see what and how I am doing my latest adventure. Lots to learn, but so far I am enjoying the mental & physical challenge, and the boss seems happy with my progress. I have been training for 2 weeks, I don't know yet if he will cut me loose this week or not. They are very particular about how things get done so it is up to the boss when he thinks I can go on my own.

I did get a truck assigned to me though, a 2004 Sterling/ Mercedes. Decent enough, but I get lost a lot without that bulldog compass needle out on the hood !!!

post-2694-0-67510600-1332117055.jpg

Here is my own handiwork, a 10 car load ready to roll. I have been working local in the Philadelphia area during training.

You pick up in Dundalk?

Thanks for the update Gregg. Looks like you are doing fine in your new endeavor. Keep it up!!

I'll bet it is uncomfortable with only one asshole in the truck.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I hope all goes well with your new deal. I was wondering how things have been going since I saw you on 422. Good Luck and we'll be seeing one another now that the weather is getting better.

Doug, a big reason for the change is to gain more quality home time, including my hobby trucks. Hopefully I will be out & about to more shows this summer. Looking forward to it.

Gregg

Well, we can't see any major dents or scratches on those cars you loaded! I bet you are getting the hang of it -

I found that usually it is a good thing when a boss won't cut you loose too soon - that way you get trained by folks that know instead of by the seat of your pants...........

Good luck!

I am sure I will be in Dundalk before too long, I know we pull out of there. Up til now I have been confined to the Twin Oaks rail yard in Philly.

Gregg

Well it isn't quite the 2nd home like Texas is but we have been running alot in and out of Dundalk