coloradogreen

Some of the forum members may recognize me from ATHS and/ or Hank's Truck Forum.

With a very strong interest in Mack trucks I figure this is a good place to be. Compounded by problems at a certain aforementioned forum, I figure its also wise to be hunting for a new "home", so to speak. I think we all know which forum that would be.

At my age I don't have a truck yet, but, I am currently working at getting on with a local heavy haul trucking company. They taught me much of what (little) I know about driving a truck (never did trust the trucking "colleges") and it is, essentially, my age keeping me from a driving job with them at the moment.

I also write for and do photoshoots for 10-4 Magazine out of California.

Troy.

IMAGES COPYRIGHT TROY MILLER/ 10-4 MAGAZINE

10-4 Magazine - For Today's Trucker!

creek2smallcroppedsigna.jpg

Photography is a Beautiful Thing...

Contributor - 10-4 Magazine

I'm Not Fearless, I'm Just Stupid.

Hi Troy,

Welcome aboard. I'm Boll Weevil on Hank"s but have been wasting..er..spending most of my truck-related internet time on here lately. I mainly come on for truck discussions but it's nice to be able to discuss other topics without having to go to another forum.

Politics, Rock & Roll, Slightly used blow-up dolls with 12" members, it's all welcome here. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your great work.

Jim

Olivetroad-

As far as copyright stuff goes, its all good. All I'm looking for is credit where credit is due. Found my shots posted elsewhere with no mention of who shot it.

Troy.

Slpwlkr-

I hear it. Coming up on that milestone, myself, so hoping things may change a bit. The real bugger to me is when these six-week wonders are coming out of the mills and "training" at the big fleets and let loose on a slick, windy I-80 and end-up in the ditch. Makes you wonder why the young guys can't get insured, eh? Like I said, I never cared to go to any of the trucking schools, when I set out to learn to drive a truck I wanted to do it right, by getting your ass chewed out by 30, 40, and 50 year veterans of driving.

Troy.

Edited by coloradogreen

Slpwlkr-

I hear it. Coming up on that milestone, myself, so hoping things may change a bit. The real bugger to me is when these six-week wonders are coming out of the mills and "training" at the big fleets and let loose on a slick, windy I-80 and end-up in the ditch. Makes you wonder why the young guys can't get insured, eh? Like I said, I never cared to go to any of the trucking schools, when I set out to learn to drive a truck I wanted to do it right, by getting your ass chewed out by 30, 40, and 50 year veterans of driving.

Troy.

My problem or lack of was I grew up around trucks. Mainly dumps of all makes and models and the people that moved our equipment. I had quite the diversity. rode in and drove a Pete on site and that was it for me. Funny how 28 years later and I want a Mack. I wouldn't trade my Pete for anything. Those where the cards I was delt with and thats what I bought. When my dad got out of the business I got into operating equip when I got out of highschool. Of course I had the bug and wanted to drive since I was knee high to a grass hopper. Wanted to drag a skateboard around. Drove a wrecker for a bit then moved into there Tractor. Left there went to drag a cement tank around and screw that and Vans. Long story short got a friend of mine may he rest in piece that worked with another Fire Fighter and he owned 2 trucks 1 being a lowboy and I never looked back. Bought mine in 07 and still going. May not be as strong as I like but still here when others have fallen

• Like 1

My problem or lack of was I grew up around trucks. Mainly dumps of all makes and models and the people that moved our equipment. I had quite the diversity. rode in and drove a Pete on site and that was it for me. Funny how 28 years later and I want a Mack. I wouldn't trade my Pete for anything. Those where the cards I was delt with and thats what I bought. When my dad got out of the business I got into operating equip when I got out of highschool. Of course I had the bug and wanted to drive since I was knee high to a grass hopper. Wanted to drag a skateboard around. Drove a wrecker for a bit then moved into there Tractor. Left there went to drag a cement tank around and screw that and Vans. Long story short got a friend of mine may he rest in piece that worked with another Fire Fighter and he owned 2 trucks 1 being a lowboy and I never looked back. Bought mine in 07 and still going. May not be as strong as I like but still here when others have fallen

you know,,i read your story,,and all i could think of,,is a friend of mine here in nevada,,is the only guy i ever knew,,that actually made good money,,at gippo work,,,has the same combination as you do,,,stretched out pete,,with a drop deck,,,must be a lucky combo.lol.bob

welcome troyand best of luck to ya,,,i remember when i was a teenager,,,couldnt get my class 1 quick enough,,,i also was raised around trucks,,,so i feel your pain,,,now that ive been doing it for 39 years i cant wait to get out of them.lol.bob