What is the most you ever 'heard' of someone hauling in a tandem dump? What is te heaviest load you heard about?

unclebilly

back when i was hauling coal i hauled 53 tons across the mountain and then the owner jumped my butt for doin it then i had to remind him that he loaded me. the truck was a 93 rd 888sx with e7 400 and 18 speed 65,000 rears with 6.73 gears

• 3 weeks later...

We haul on average 45+ tons a trip that's net on our 65,00 lb rear Macks

Were making on average 15 trips daily at that tonnage

Our gross weights are around 130,000 - 135,000lbs

Edited by GWT

scaled 79,000 with wet clay in a1987 RD688 with a 350 and 6 speed. It was a worn mack dedecated to site truck work only. Could not get any more in the box. clay was fallin goff the cab gaurd onto the hood and off the sides and back. Drove like a caddy with the 44k rears and 20K front.

Most I ever pulled with my RS700L was a cat 973 on a tri axel low boy. I figure 90-100K gross...my Truck has a 12K front and 34k rears..also rode like a caddy!.

best i ever did was 107k on the gross with a load of milk someone picked up. That load made the trip tween hagerstown md and frederick md every other night.

Are you the one that used to wake me up every morning at 4 am? I used to be just south of Hagerstown when an early am milk pick up from the farm up the street had milk cows.

No, im a transport driver i dont pick up. That load was picked up in the afternon then dropped in the yard. It had 2am appt at dairy maid in frederick. We didnt dare try to deliver that during the day. Lol those dot cops round hagerstown wouldve had a field day.