12 speed high side :(

sritchhart

I have a 1987 Superliner with a 12 speed. It does not shift into high side when the transmission is cold. After I run it for an hour or so it will click into high side on all the gears, and run fine the rest of the day. What can I do to fix this issue, or should I take it to the Mack dealer? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Farm Man

I have a 1987 Superliner with a 12 speed. It does not shift into high side when the transmission is cold. After I run it for an hour or so it will click into high side on all the gears, and run fine the rest of the day. What can I do to fix this issue, or should I take it to the Mack dealer? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Rebuild the shift cylinders on the transmission top cover as they are leaking internally when cold. I would also rebuild the "selectair" valve, (shifter handle) while at it. Your problem is common as those transmissions age.l This is an easy repair but do consult a service manual before breaking things apart.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.