mack dm bumper or likewise

Frmconcrete09

Looking to shave some weight off of some dm690's , they were originally concrete trucks (were converting to dumps) and had the hyd pump mounted out in front of the hood , with the heavy heavy bumpers on front, wanting to find the bumpers that mount just in front of the hood. We have a shop and can cut and weld to make them fit like they should , anyone have anything reasonably priced out there, also im located in southern illinois and am willing to drive some distance to find what i am looking for.. Also some of our rd bumpers look to be the same mount as the lighter dm's im sure alot of them interchange, i just don't know which ones . Let me know what you have

• 4 weeks later...

We found one of the bumpers were wanting, Not aluminum, and the one we found is also factory on one of our rd's. Its a hendrickson bumper with the grill guard on it like you can buy from mack, if anyone knows where one is or has one they'd part with let me know. Ill get some pics posted of the first mixer to dump conversion we are almost done with

Shoot trap from time to time and also a Very avid gun collector, actually waiting on a few right now, and watching illinois make us gun owners pay for our hobbies and trying to tax us over 18 percent on ammunition, ill stop there... Anywho im located about 30 mile south of effingham if you know where that is, small town called Flora.

Shoot trap from time to time and also a Very avid gun collector, actually waiting on a few right now, and watching illinois make us gun owners pay for our hobbies and trying to tax us over 18 percent on ammunition, ill stop there... Anywho im located about 30 mile south of effingham if you know where that is, small town called Flora.

I live 6 miles from Flora, IN. do you have any horse & buggys running around out there? we have quite a few around here. a few moved out to MO. about 5 years ago. they bought 500 acers out there, i hear land is cheaper out there.

I bought a shotgun from a guy that lived between Flora and Olney, I know right where you are - it is a Browning recoilless single shot 12 gauge trap gun. I had never seen such a strange creature (the recoilless gun) and I really thought I had to have it. I shot a round of wobble trap with it and then stuck it in the safe where it has only left for cleanings.

Not my favorite gun!

My oh my , i spent last saturday hauling to them... they wanted a 5 yd load a 7 yd load and then a 8yd load and that would do them..... You know whats next... another 9yd load and a 3 1/2 yard wrap.... concrete this is.. They are taking over around here .. coming from the south and moving our way...

I live 6 miles from Flora, IN. do you have any horse & buggys running around out there? we have quite a few around here. a few moved out to MO. about 5 years ago. they bought 500 acers out there, i hear land is cheaper out there.

I am always amazed at how the Amish move around as much as they do. I think it is not only the search for land but also they need to kind of stir the gene pool and circulate the marriage age ones.

• Like 1

I bought a shotgun from a guy that lived between Flora and Olney, I know right where you are - it is a Browning recoilless single shot 12 gauge trap gun. I had never seen such a strange creature (the recoilless gun) and I really thought I had to have it. I shot a round of wobble trap with it and then stuck it in the safe where it has only left for cleanings.

Not my favorite gun!

Were you in the Clay city / Noble area , we haul rock and concrete around these parts all the time.

We sold some corn (cash market) for $6.48 and some beans we needed to clean out a bin for $12.78 today. At those prices, how can you pencil out $6,700.00 an acre land? Fertilizer is high, fuel is going to be higher by the time we plant, seed keeps marking higher every year. The better buy in land right now around here is pasture ground. 400 weight calves brought $2.16 a pound last Monday - that makes the cheaper rolling land a lot more attractive.

Clay city sounds right - I remember we ate at a diner in Salem and then went east through the Flora Metro area.

Right down highway 50, if you remember the john deere dealership... we are right across the road to the south , with more and more macks filling our yard .. There is a new FS station across the road also if your ever traveling through in need of fuel . Drive through the lot if youd like, i may or may not be there depending on time

I was through your Flora area recently - I hauled some items to Indy and then up to Logansport to another place. They I dropped off some stuff at a trailer factory south of Fort Wayne. Then on up to Valpo then home.

Its amazing talking to you guys on here , as im stuck in one spot,(here in so ill) <but love it> , we went and picked up some mixers from georgia and a few more from from tenn., I wouldnt be suprised if the guy from tennessee is on here as he had a warehouse full of macks... After he showed us a mixer like id never seen besides on this forum i told my dad i saw one of those on bmt.com, the guy didnt budge but he was busy talking so who knows

Edited by Frmconcrete09

I watched some nice mixers sell at Ritchie Bros in Odessa, Mo today. I got some good buys on a International road tractor and some other trucks to resell.

This one is junk, but I have a guy in Guatamala(sp?) that buys knucklebooms like this from me:

post-6658-0-05747600-1330653040_thumb.jp

I also bought the first windrow elevator I have ever owned. My kids get all wound up when I drag something like that home that they have never seen before. I will let them play with it and then I am cutting the engine and clutch off to sell to the Amish we were just talking about:

post-6658-0-63909400-1330652766_thumb.jp

Wow nice to see guys so close.. We bought a couple mixers from rb auctions right outside of st louis, pretty nice trucks just need some paint .

Brian,

We pretty much are neighbors. I have rode my harley through grayville several times in the past years.. Your not in the concrete business are you?