Mack in the news

There was some excitement on Thursday after lunch. There was a fire in the Chassis paint booth. No injurys and no trucks damaged.

http://www.wfmz.com/...x9/-/index.html

Cause MACKs are indestructible! Well......., if in the right hands.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I never got a good explanation as to why Mack got out of the fire apparatus industry,i mean i remember at one time the FDNY was approx. 90 percent Mack,both in standard and specialty trucks (super pumper,super tender etc.) seems to me why mess with a good thing? maybe one of the fire truck guys can explain?......................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I never got a good explanation as to why Mack got out of the fire apparatus industry,i mean i remember at one time the FDNY was approx. 90 percent Mack,both in standard and specialty trucks (super pumper,super tender etc.) seems to me why mess with a good thing? maybe one of the fire truck guys can explain?......................Mark

I once asked the same question, the simple answer was that the demand dropped and Mack finally stopped production. Why that happened? I don't know but i sure would like to.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I was told Mack was not making any money on the fire trucks. KME bought the Mack fire line. I was told they had people come down and take everything from parts and prints to tooling. There is still a connection between the companies, a number of people at Mack started their carear at KME.