Painting stripes on a truck

My mother has not to be warried.

I was born here :)

Bad is I want to start remove a cab and an engine from my spare truck.

It locates now in non-heating shed. -20 C is not comfortable to work and I have counceled to wait a week to be normal -10.

Last winter I came in eastern Poland and stayed owernight in a hotel. Next morning I noted -22 and had a problem with Belorussian diesel fuel. The car didn't run more than 60 km/h until Poland fuel comed into the tank hard mixed with USA-produced anti-gel :twothumbsup:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

My mother has not to be warried.

I was born here :)

Bad is I want to start remove a cab and an engine from my spare truck.

It locates now in non-heating shed. -20 C is not comfortable to work and I have counceled to wait a week to be normal -10.

Last winter I came in eastern Poland and stayed owernight in a hotel. Next morning I noted -22 and had a problem with Belorussian diesel fuel. The car didn't run more than 60 km/h until Poland fuel comed into the tank hard mixed with USA-produced anti-gel :twothumbsup:

We have had the easiest winter in years - most days have warmed up to mid 40's (fahrenheit) and it has never gotten colder than about 25 degrees. We usually have some subzero days and several weeks where it never gets above freezing. I have not put any anti-gel even in the tractors yet.

We have been able to work outside on things this winter almost everyday. Usually we halfway hibernate in the shop and just stoke the fire and sit around and watch each other get skinny.

I had a guy at the diner the other day complain about how the temp has been so up and down this winter - warm days and cold nights - what does he want? freezing cold 24 hours a day so he knows how to dress?

I showed my kids on the map the other day where you and Pawel live - you can keep your winter weather!

Oh yeah - we could tell 'em the stories about how the livin' is in the wild east - the land of freedom and the land of possibilities :twothumbsup: But the winter is cold this year, got to grant you that - I still have trouble getting my diesel to run. Let's hope the spring will get here soon! Have a nice day

Pawel

Pawel

I just joined recently and stumbled across your threads on your Superliner build. Absolutely fantastic modelmaking! I'm astounded by the level of detail you are putting into it. I'd be curious to know how many hours have gone into it because I know from experience that that kind of work doesn't just come together in an afternoon!

I built a model of the RS700L from the movie Convoy which you can see in the intro forum. I didn't put in as much detail as you are but in terms of structural detail it's reasonably accurate. It took me a few years on and off and a lot of that was research. Late model RS700's and early Superliners shared some similarities so I can already see that I had to fabricate some of the same parts you have.

Looking forward to seeing the completed machine.

Whiskymack - thanks a lot for your comment, and for your kind words. I don't log the hours on my builds, but I started building it some 18 months ago and I work on that model every seconnd day in average, for about three hours, if you want to do the math for yourself. Congratulations on your "Rubber Duck" - there was a kit of it once, but I heard it was practically no use, it was so grossly inaccurate. While I don't know the R-Series too well, your model looks right to me, the able body sleeper with one cutout also seems spot on, so my question - what kits, if any, did you use and what corrections did you have to make? Thanks again for dropping by, have a nice day and good luck with your next projects

Pawel

Pawel,

Thats over 800 hours if my maths is correct. I don't keep a log either but I do know that I won't have enough time left in my lifetime to finish all the projects I have on the go!

The RD build used drivetrain components from the AMT Cruiseliner kit installed in a scratchbuilt frame. The cab came from the AMT R685ST although I rebuilt it using only the roof, firewall, dash and seats to get the doors to open. The able sleeper and long hood were scratchbuilt.

I have been repeating the process at 1:24 using the same Italeri kit you are using but it's a pig of a kit and a lot of it is unusable.

The cab requires an enormous amount of reworking to get it looking like an R cab. It would be easier to build it back into a Freightliner!

Keep up the great work. Maybe we can see the finished truck in few more months!