Gettin tired of stagnating:

Rob

Today I went and ordered a few Mack parts/stuff to get some of these R models out of the shop. Getting tired of not being able to walk a straight line in the shop from front to back. I can hardly wait for the bill:

Today's order included:

Four left, and four right windshields.

Six battery box assemblies, including tops, and bottoms, complete. Two of these will go on my B61 project as it had no boxes at all.

Four windshield perimeter seals.

Eight perimeter door gaskets.

I have the glass run channel and "cat whiskers" in bulk so I'll make those when I get a bit of free time.

I also picked up my "U" bolt kits, and spring eye bushing kits for the B61 so with the exception of setting the frame length and finding correct caster shims to set the pinion angle, I'm pretty well set to go forward on this project.

Hopefully get something done on the B model this week now that the radar is back in operation.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Today I went and ordered a few Mack parts/stuff to get some of these R models out of the shop. Getting tired of not being able to walk a straight line in the shop from front to back. I can hardly wait for the bill:

Today's order included:

Four left, and four right windshields.

Six battery box assemblies, including tops, and bottoms, complete. Two of these will go on my B61 project as it had no boxes at all.

Four windshield perimeter seals.

Eight perimeter door gaskets.

I have the glass run channel and "cat whiskers" in bulk so I'll make those when I get a bit of free time.

I also picked up my "U" bolt kits, and spring eye bushing kits for the B61 so with the exception of setting the frame length and finding correct caster shims to set the pinion angle, I'm pretty well set to go forward on this project.

Hopefully get something done on the B model this week now that the radar is back in operation.

Rob

Rob, who did you order the battery boxes from and what'd it cost (if ya dont mind me askin!)

Hi Leslie, I always use what is now Fleetpride in Peoria for aftermarket parts. The store has actually been there since 1971 and was a family owned business till the middle of last year. They are a PAI "master distributor". I don't know the cost on them yet but will be glad to tell you once I get the bill.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I wish we had a PAI dist here.

Let me know what you need Glenn. I think it could be drop shipped to your place.

Rob