MH driver side door

Can you get into the passengerside? Are you locked out? Just trying to get the locks working?I'd say if you can get in throught the passenger side will the door open and if so take the panel apart and lube everything. Then try the key and see if it works. Idk what else to try

Can you get into the passengerside? Are you locked out? Just trying to get the locks working?I'd say if you can get in throught the passenger side will the door open and if so take the panel apart and lube everything. Then try the key and see if it works. Idk what else to try

Heat is a good starting point. Don't burn the paint but elevate the temperature of the surface with a hair dryer. If the jamb space is large enough this is where you want to direct the airflow. This will cause expansion of the metal parts and has the possibility of releasing the bind. Take the latch out of the door and place in a pan of non detergent motor oil. Beg your wife to let you use the stove, (like real men do) and warm this pan to about 200 degrees. The old grease, dirt, and accumulations will melt and desolve. rinse the now clean latch assembly in diesel fuel, dry it with the hair dryer, then use a spray grease with a brush to paint moving parts. What you can't grease with a brush, spray with a solidifying spray grease like chain lube. This stuff dries and is not tacky.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks for the replies. Mike, that is what I was looking for. I have tried to open it from the inside but had no luck. I will continue from the inside and maybe put some Kroil down in the door between the glass and trim.

Fred

• 1 month later...