Diesel schools

Timothy Maikshilo

My son is going to Universal tech. Institue (UTI) right now.

10 month program. Cover Deisel and heavy equipment.

He is in Houston, TX.

Started in Oct. and so far they have removed,disassembled, and put back dual countershaft trans. This three week period, the are working on brakes and brake assemblies. Three weeks per topic, lots of hands on.

Previous session was hydraulics-kinda boring he said.

At the end of the program, he will at least be able to start as an entry level tech.

They also have a 15 week Cummins program after basic. Nothin but Hummin Cummins from 5.9 to ISX

Hope this helps. Mack dealer near here told him when he is done, look him up

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

My son has one more year of high school and is interested in Diesel mechanic school. Does anyone here have a a son or daughter in one of these schools now? Ideas for schools would be very helpful. Thanks,Tim

A friend of mine lives in Ct and goes to Diesel school in Williamsport,Pa. They do alot more then just diesel, they make sure you know the business aspect of it also. Think it is Pa diesel college

Another member here is going to a school in CT. Can't remember his handle.

There are several out there. Wyo-Tech, Nashville, I think MACK even has a school, or is related to one

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

My son has one more year of high school and is interested in Diesel mechanic school. Does anyone here have a a son or daughter in one of these schools now? Ideas for schools would be very helpful. Thanks,Tim

MSU Northern in Havre MT has an awesome 4 year diesel tech program with a very high percentage job placement right out of school. I heard but dont know for a fact that caterpillar will hire 100% of the students with a B average or higher.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Have you looked at the community colleges that offer these courses? I see a CC in Maine that offers a 2 year degree and several more located around the country.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Great stuff Gentlemen,

I will look into all you have told me. I know his school here in northern Vermont has told him about Northwestern in Ohio. I just want him to make the right choice. We were all at that age once and I jumped right into full time work. I would like to see him get some kind of education, Tim

Since Max was 5 he was scraping cows and forking feed. 8 years old running 490 excavator and then at twelve driving the dump and all the hay equipment. We have given him all the toy's over the years but he has learned and earned them for sure. Last year got him mens jewlery, Snap on box and a start of tools. 6' 230lbs at 16,

He dosn't beat me do to respect. He has been talking about the school in Ohio. We are still looking around, Tim

I live in southern vt . I went to Nashville auto diesel . It is a good school. I had a start like your son since I was big enough to walk I liked to mess with things that ran . and through high school auto shop and forestry . I learned to weld while in high school from my uncle who was a fabricator in our little town for years . out of high school went to Nashville and it was great you get a general knowlege of everything auto and diesel .I still use all the books from there sometimes . It was a huge shock from everyday vermont life to move there for a year as far as some of the stuff you see . good luck where ever he chooses to go . Steve