New For 2012-Pictures of the Week

other dog

Finally got back to work Tuesday. Took a 2 stop load of lumber to North Jackson and Cortland, Ohio. Ran into a good bit of snow along the way, and it was about 11 degrees when I got to North Jackson.

I was supposed to load coils in Sharon, but I went to Canton and picked up these saw blades instead. Didn't see Freightrain anywhere. Nice light load, no tarps. Had to scrunch up and make myself small to get out of the street. They brought the blades out onto the dock, then loaded them from the side.

I unloaded at Gerdau-Ameristeel in Petersburg the next morning, then had to wait until 4 o'clock to load beams going to Florence, S.C. When I came out of the mill after I unloaded the blades there was 5 forklifts and drivers sitting, doing nothing. No trucks in line waiting to load. And 4 o'clock was the earliest appointment I could get!

When I left Florence yesterday I went up to Mt. Gilead,N.C. and picked up a load of landscaping timbers. Got up to 68 degrees before I got back to Concord.

I also saw a KW behind a KW somewhere along the way, and took another picture of the W.V. Turnpike tunnel, just because it was there.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Finally got back to work Tuesday. Took a 2 stop load of lumber to North Jackson and Cortland, Ohio. Ran into a good bit of snow along the way, and it was about 11 degrees when I got to North Jackson.

I was supposed to load coils in Sharon, but I went to Canton and picked up these saw blades instead. Didn't see Freightrain anywhere. Nice light load, no tarps. Had to scrunch up and make myself small to get out of the street. They brought the blades out onto the dock, then loaded them from the side.

I unloaded at Gerdau-Ameristeel in Petersburg the next morning, then had to wait until 4 o'clock to load beams going to Florence, S.C. When I came out of the mill after I unloaded the blades there was 5 forklifts and drivers sitting, doing nothing. No trucks in line waiting to load. And 4 o'clock was the earliest appointment I could get!

When I left Florence yesterday I went up to Mt. Gilead,N.C. and picked up a load of landscaping timbers. Got up to 68 degrees before I got back to Concord.

I also saw a KW behind a KW somewhere along the way, and took another picture of the W.V. Turnpike tunnel, just because it was there.

Glad to hear you are staying somewhat busy. Shame about the work ethic. Seems like yesterday going through that tunnel.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ah, down on corner Harrison and Navarre Road, Hiennam Saw..........sumthin like that. Know the place well, my buddy has his car repair place up Harrison a couple blocks. My other buddies machine shop that does my motor work is just west on Navarre about a mile. Unfortunately I live up north by the Akron/Canton Airport so I'm not down that way during the day. If it would been Monday I coulda met up with ya. Nice lil truckers choke and puke about a mile west at Raff Rd exit.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Ah, down on corner Harrison and Navarre Road, Hiennam Saw..........sumthin like that. Know the place well, my buddy has his car repair place up Harrison a couple blocks. My other buddies machine shop that does my motor work is just west on Navarre about a mile. Unfortunately I live up north by the Akron/Canton Airport so I'm not down that way during the day. If it would been Monday I coulda met up with ya. Nice lil truckers choke and puke about a mile west at Raff Rd exit.

That's the place. Real nice people there too. You have to turn on Navarre, there's about an 11' underpass if you don't. They had a load of blades in Petersburg going right back to Canton that I hoped i'd get, but a TMC came in to load them before I even got unloaded.

OK. Daughter is on her way to Snowshoe now. Just wondering.

That's up rt. 219 somewhere near the middle of nowhere. I've been by there, best truck route is 92 north out of White Sulphur up to 39, then west over to 219 north, rather than 219 all the way out of Lewisburg. But she's probably coming from sunny south Florida, and will take 77 all the way to Beckley, then 64 east to 219,eh? Hope she doesn't take 460 from Princeton over to Rich Creek and up 219, that's an all day job.