Need help finding a kill switch for a 1955 Wheel Horse RJ-35

E9V8

There's a rumor that Studebaker might have used this push button and some guys seem to think they've seen similar switches in older kiddie rides at carnivals/amusement parks.

I vaguely remember seeing them used somewhere, but just can't place it. I'm pretty sure they're brass, and I've never seen the back side.

This is a "borrowed" picture:

erks.jpg

The mounting hole:

RJthedayafter005.jpg

For those of you who are curious what it belongs on...... here's my tractor:

71711RJ35051.jpg

Any leads, ideas, or general assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Terry

Julian, PA

What a neat little tractor, I just got a 1948 ferguson TO20 and ended up finding new parts for it on antiquetractorsrus.com Maggie will be able to help you if anyone can. Good luck.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

• 3 weeks later...

That is an awesome RJ! I don't have much experience with that model, but does the switch have two wires that go down to the points to short them to ground? I know on my 633 that it just has a push button on the points cover to shut it off. I don't know how original you want to keep it, but you could make a little cover for the hole and drill the center of it to fit a toggle switch.

I'm not normally one to worry about "correctness" or originality on my 'Horses, but this one needs to have the right switch. I'm strongly doubtful that I'll find one, but who knows, right?

I finally did get to see the back of the original switch. It has one screw terminal for the wire from the mag and is self-grounding through the hood.

@Brent: the 633 should have a bat handle toggle switch mounted in the center of a knock out plug where the amp gauge would be on the electric start models.

roundhoodstuff72509016.jpg

I honestly can't remember if mine even has the button on the points cover. I know it still has the Tillotson updraft carb.

Here's a pic of some of my collection:

042708004.jpg

These are also my creations:

trike16152408001.jpg

dragstor011.jpg

Terry

Julian, PA

Thanks for the info on the 633. It is in the process of restoration right now. I really like the rat rod tractor, and you have an awesome collection. I will try to attach pictures of the 633 before restoration, and my B-60 that is my pride and joy. I wonder if someone at the Ardentsville, PA show would have one of those push buttons?

post-8232-0-03361000-1327464042_thumb.jppost-8232-0-98179400-1327464002_thumb.jppost-8232-0-65093300-1327463961_thumb.jp