Wheel Simulators

Olivetroad

I have a little Mitsubishi FE dually truck that I am setting up as a landscape dump for my brother in law. He wants the wheels spiffed up, and they are so pitted that paint is not going to do it. Instead of buying new wheels, I am thinking of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Mitsubishi-5-Lug-Dually-Wheel-Simulators-BOLT-/350129266129?hash=item5185549dd1&item=350129266129&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Does anyone have any experience with these? Give me the good and bad -

Thanks -

David in mid MO

I have a little Mitsubishi FE dually truck that I am setting up as a landscape dump for my brother in law. He wants the wheels spiffed up, and they are so pitted that paint is not going to do it. Instead of buying new wheels, I am thinking of these

http://www.ebay.com/...ssories&vxp=mtr

Does anyone have any experience with these? Give me the good and bad -

Thanks -

David in mid MO

I had them on two single axle rollback trucks and they worked well. The brand I used was Phoenix. Never had any problems. I've seen several other manufacturers with the simulated lug covers falling out of them.

I still have spare set for five hand hole 22.5 steel wheels in the box.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• I had them on two single axle rollback trucks and they worked well. The brand I used was Phoenix. Never had any problems. I've seen several other manufacturers with the simulated lug covers falling out of them.
    I still have spare set for five hand hole 22.5 steel wheels in the box.
    Rob

It says they bolt on. Do the chrome caps thread on the end of the studs to hold them or do you have them under the outer half of the two piece lug nuts?

It says they bolt on. Do the chrome caps thread on the end of the studs to hold them or do you have them under the outer half of the two piece lug nuts?

Typically, there will be two to four lug caps that pop off and you hold the cap in place with the lug nut, then snap the caps back over the lug nut. Some use a plate that goes under all the lug nuts after the wheel is on the hub, then the center cap snaps onto this plate.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

We had 'em on the wreckers, too....I always thought they looked kinda cheesy, but the operations manager seemed to like 'em.

...then again, he'd wash & wax his car weekly and STILL be out there in the shop with a rag and the touch up spray 10-12 times a day making sure no dust had landed on his precious car. Looks were important to him....with me, not so much.

In my opinion, they are no different than putting a hub cap on a car to cover up an ugly steel wheel to make it look like more than it really is....but to each their own. :idunno:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

We had 'em on the wreckers, too....I always thought they looked kinda cheesy, but the operations manager seemed to like 'em.

...then again, he'd wash & wax his car weekly and STILL be out there in the shop with a rag and the touch up spray 10-12 times a day making sure no dust had landed on his precious car. Looks were important to him....with me, not so much.

In my opinion, they are no different than putting a hub cap on a car to cover up an ugly steel wheel to make it look like more than it really is....but to each their own. :idunno:

I tend to agree - I want a working truck to look good, but stil like a truck that earns its keep with all the scratches and war wounds that go along with it. I don't want a truck to look like a "working" woman.

I tend to agree - I want a working truck to look good, but stil like a truck that earns its keep with all the scratches and war wounds that go along with it. I don't want a truck to look like a "working" woman.

:loldude: I was going to use "like make-up on a whore" as part of my comparison, but with the current state of complaints about "offensive" posts, I figured it would be best not to offend the whores who might be browsing this website. :tease:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Well now, I'm offended. I used to have a "post whore" award in the old system but no longer do. Unfortunately, once branded with the term, it's hard to be rid of it.

Rob

If we can't say Whore, how about Hoe-bag?

Is this about wheel simulators or wheel stimulators?

We can say "Whore". We just cannot aim the term at a fellow participant. If you want to refer to a truck as a "Whore" for instance, go ahead. I don't have a problem with that.

Rob