Question about our classic trucks that we use?

I got a visit today from a friend of mine that wanted to see the RL700 V12 that I'm working on, he was telling me about some shit that we won't be able to use these older trucks for everyday use by 2914?? Do any of you guys out there know of any of this shit coming down the pike?? I use my 361 Brockway all the time and I'm going to put a shit load of money into the R700 for me to use during Cement season! Here In NJ you can't put QQ plates on if you are going to use it for commerical use. Right now if you pick up containers in the port of Nwk. or Eliz you have to have, i think it's a 04 or newer truck or the Port Authority will turn you around. You can't even buy a glider kit any more unless you put a newer motor in it!! Anything you guys out there Know about this 2014 law or is it just Bull Shit!! Thanks

BULLHUSK

I've heard nothing yet,and though I think they might try,I can't think it would pass.Too many farm trucks that would fall into this category.Only thing they might do is give farmers an exemption and if that happens,I'm getting my truck re-lettered with "Mike Harbison Farms" because it will be a cold day in hell before I quit running my old trucks for revenue.

• Like 1

I've heard nothing yet,and though I think they might try,I can't think it would pass.Too many farm trucks that would fall into this category.Only thing they might do is give farmers an exemption and if that happens,I'm getting my truck re-lettered with "Mike Harbison Farms" because it will be a cold day in hell before I quit running my old trucks for revenue.

That works for me Superdog!!

I agree - they will never get farmers around here to lay off the old trucks. For entertainment during harvest, on the last load we haul some days, I take the boys with me and we sit on the side of the road just outside the ADM soybean squeezin' plant and watch the old farm trucks go by. There are a lot more old classic farm dogs then you realize still running. They just stay hidden 10 months of the year in a shed.

The local NAPA store does a huge business in the fall before harvest selling master cylinders and brake parts where they froze up or leaked since the trucks last rolled.

I agree - they will never get farmers around here to lay off the old trucks. For entertainment during harvest, on the last load we haul some days, I take the boys with me and we sit on the side of the road just outside the ADM soybean squeezin' plant and watch the old farm trucks go by. There are a lot more old classic farm dogs then you realize still running. They just stay hidden 10 months of the year in a shed.

The local NAPA store does a huge business in the fall before harvest selling master cylinders and brake parts where they froze up or leaked since the trucks last rolled.

Thats the way it is here its a bunch of ole Farm Dogs around here too & they come out of the dog houses come harvest season .

& Ya the local NAPA HERE DOES A HELL OF A BUSINESS HERE TOO W/ all the farmers, contractors & trucking companies hauling rock in memphis that are based in North Shelby & South Tipton Counties . (my neck of the woods)

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: