Introduction

Guest other dog

Guest other dog

Hello everyone,I don't remember if I've introduced myself yet or not.I can't even remember my password,but anyway my name is Tom Blackwell and I live near Gladys,Va.I was born and raised in Cumberland,Va,moved to Appomattox around 1979 or '80,and moved here to Gladys last year after my wife passed away.[condensed version] Idrove for H.H.Moore Jr.Trucking Co.in Appomattox for over 25 years,and drove many different kinds of trucks,including a 1977 F-model with a 300 and a 5 speed and a '79 F-model with a 350 Cummins and 10 speed roadranger.I now drive for F.L.Moore and sons in Concord,Va.I have a '65 B-53 concrete mixer that had just been refurbished to put back into service hauling concrete when the ready-mix co.was sold.The new owners didn't want to run equipment that old and got rid of several B-models,and I got this one from a former employee who had retired and had started restoring it himself,but said he had gotten too old to fool with it.

Hello Other Dog Not many B53'S left. Does yours have a Quadbox or is it the Tri-Plex with the deep reduction Low gear around 17.+ to 1. Not a lot of people heard of a Tri-Plex like that it has nice reduction for the soft stuff or in amixer doing curbs.A few Transit Companies where I live Northeast,Pa. still run B Model Mixers and DumpsThe tin on them is still pretty good as they are not used much in winter so the road salt is not much of an issue.I think the last B Model made was a B53 with Tri-Drive rears.

Guest other dog

Hey Bulldog Man,according to A book I have the B-53 was A "concrete mixer chassis,introduced in 1963' [Mack-Driven For A Century] Nice book by the way. I had never heard of A B-53 until I got this one. otherdog :bulldog1:

Guest other dog

Hello Joe,the mixer has A quadruplex in it.It had been completely gone through and the mixer refurbished to haul concrete when I got it,though it still has some dings and dents and cracked glas.I have A scanner and hope to get some pictures of it in as soon as I master the technology to do it. :bulldog1:

Guest other dog

Hello Barry,I've stopped by Watt's A couple of times,but I don't know if I met you or not.I'll tell y'all about the $300 Mack hat I bought there some time.But now,as I say I do have A scanner and some pictures I could send,but sad to say,I do not know how to go about it-all the kids are grown and gone!

Guest other dog

I'm not familiar with J.E.Jones Lumber,but I know Montpelier is up around Gordonsville or Orange somewhere.Seems to me I delivered A load of bricks to Montpelier years ago,but I'm not sure.We used to load Kyanite[still do,actually] in Dillwyn,Va. and run rt.15 north to RT.29 very frequently.I drive for F.L.Moore and Sons out of Concord,Va.which is just East of Lynchburg.