Dynaflex Exhaust?

I really like the Dynaflex Exhaust that is on the market right now. I will tell u guys what im looking for and hope I get some better ideas and feedback.

Im thinking 6" duals on an MH with an E9. I would like the lengths to be able to be changed ( reason why I think Dynaflex is the best choice). I need to have short stacks to clear the asphalt plant and some tall ones to pull vans in the winter.

I have never been around them and think their design would be ideal for what im wanting to do. I know they are expensive, but im kinda restoring the truck to working condition and do want a nice set of stacks.

When looking at the 4 States catalog it looks like the Freightliner 6" kit may work for my application.

Any feed back will be greatly appreciated before spending that much money. Thanks in advance ~Joe

I put a set of 7 inch Dynaflex stacks on a Freightliner Classic for a customer last year. They are high quality,the finish is great,the elbows fit. I really liked the way the stacks joined together under the mounting brackets so it looks like one piece.I would Neversieze the upper stack so it could be swapped out for your needs. I see this truck regularly and they still look like new.These would be my choice.

Steve

• Like 1

Any chance you could use a ball and socket set like cabovers used? That would make swapping out easy with no connections to break loose.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I know Donaldson still markets them. I don't know if it is offered in chrome or not however. They were a bell and flare shaped affair on the upper part rigid mounted, and a ball type affair that mounted rigid to the lower exhaust. They leaked very little when the cab was let down and the two pipes slid together.

These aren't large enough but someone else may market larger.

http://www.donaldson.com/en/exhaust/support/datalibrary/040443.pdf

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I was just gonna use the the frame style exhaust mount brackets. From what I understand the style u are talking about, the stacks must bolt to the cab?

Yes, that is how they were designed to work but a "Torin" stainless band clamp would work well if you are going to use a rigid mount like the original setup.

Rob

I know Donaldson still markets them. I don't know if it is offered in chrome or not however. They were a bell and flare shaped affair on the upper part rigid mounted, and a ball type affair that mounted rigid to the lower exhaust. They leaked very little when the cab was let down and the two pipes slid together.

These aren't large enough but someone else may market larger.

http://www.donaldson...rary/040443.pdf

Rob

I only saw those on Peterbilt cabovers.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I only saw those on Peterbilt cabovers.

I'd seen those on most cabovers of the 60's and 70's. Wasn't really around much of the 80's stuff before they died out.

Rob