Almost sinned today

41chevy

Opened up my Over Drive mag today, came sealed in plastic with an additional thing. Turns out it was a 2012 FrEiGhTLiNeR calender. Almost put it up in my yard office. Figured nobody would know, whats the harm? It's only a calender....I can take it down any time I want, and walk away.....I'm not addicted to Freightliners...I can quit! Tossed out and put up my Gaberalli Mack calender. I felt so dirty....Paul :Mixer1:

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Know just how you feel,i bought a generic airbag part on my way home today from Virginia truck center (freightliner/kw) they wanted to give me a hat with VTC/ FREIGHTLINER on it..........had to politely decline,thanks, but no thanks!.............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Know just how you feel,i bought a generic airbag part on my way home today from Virginia truck center (freightliner/kw) they wanted to give me a hat with VTC/ FREIGHTLINER on it..........had to politely decline,thanks, but no thanks!.............................Mark

I'd have taken it- I like free stuff! It would go well with my green Freightliner jacket that I use for my work jacket. My Peterbilt, Navistar International, and of course my $25 Mack leather jacket are all too nice to use for work.

Ya don't get much free stuff nowadays like you used too. Jeff bought a brand new KW for me to drive and got no hat, no jacket, no nuthin'- heck, it didn't even come with floor mats in it, so I took the one out of the passenger side of the old Pete and put it in it. Took my pocket knife and cut a notch for the brake pedal, looks real nice, says "Peterbilt" on it too.

He bought the Pete used and got a jacket with it. He gave it to me and said "this jacket cost me over a hunnert thousand dollars, but I got a free truck with it".

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I got a nice jacket when i bought my truck,but not a whole lot since,i agree they sure dont give you all the little things they used to,last time i was in a Mack dealer i wanted to look at some new truck brochures,and was told "their mostly for persective buyers" and are under lock and key! hell,when i was a kid,everytine we went to a truck dealership we always got a little something,be it a hat keychain etc.nowadays its like pulling teeth to get a pen or anything!......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

View PostRob, on 02 December 2011 - 10:22 PM, said:

Think I sinned three times before my feet hit the floor this morning.

Rob

You're gonna go blind

Told my son that when he was little, he told me he'd stop when he needed glasses. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE