DM690 six wheel drive - super singles

Olivetroad

I saw this truck today while truck shopping. It would make a good off road log truck!

Did Mack build their own four wheel drive front end or did someone like Marmon build conversion kits for them?

Fabco or Marmon I believe.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Mack built the trucks. Mine has an Eaton front end and Mack transfer case

I've seen a few AWD Mack mixers with Mack Transfer cases and Mack style front diffs too, same pumkins as the rears but in a steer banjo. The rubber looks like Military pattern.

Thats a DM? looks like the DMM style set up. Could be wrong though....my kids say I'm always wrong :(

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

AHH SOO....I'm DMM foolish not to know that..

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Mack used to build the DMM complete as a 6 X 6 from the mid 70's. They were some of the first trucks to have early ABS (POS) Thay stayed the same untill I believe the 90's when the owners realised that that front axle and transfer case took a lot of load away from them, so Mack build the RD with a long wheel base and shipped them to Quebec to have a second steer axle put under them. They also had Meritor axles with PD lock amd axle locks and Chalmers suspensions for better traction.

Mack is in Ontario , Canada.

P.T.CHESHIRE

It could be from Canada, built at the Oakville Ontario plant. The trucks built there had a maple leaf under the Bulldog on the door. The one above may have had body work done

do you mean the bulldog on the bottom left of the door? i never knew that. maby i should put one of those on my truck cause it was built in oakville.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

• 2 months later...