Dept of Energy Creates 500 jobs!

41chevy

Only not here...but They're considered created or saved jobs.

The U.S. Department of Energy is defending its $529 million loan to a startup electric car company that will be building its first line of vehicles in Finland.

ABC News reported Thursday that Fisker Automotive had decided to outsource the job of assembling its new electric Karma sports car in the Nordic nation. Its reason for choosing Finland, the company's CEO said, was that the U.S. lacked facilities and workers capable of doing the work.

"There was no contract manufacturer in the U.S. that could actually produce our vehicle," Henrik Fisker ABC News. "They don't exist here."

Vice President Joe Biden had touted the loan to the company as bringing new manufacturing jobs to Americans. Instead, about 500 jobs will go to a Finish company called Valmet Automotive.

Fisker insisted that the U.S. loan had been spent on engineering and design work that was done in the United States.

An Energy Department spokesman reiterated that in a written statement to Fox News.

"The Department's funding was only used for the U.S. operations," spokesman Dan Leistikow said. "The money could not be spent on overseas operations. The Karma also relies on an extensive network of hundreds of suppliers in more than a dozen countries world wide."

News of the Fisker outsourcing comes as the Obama administration faces increasing criticism over the Energy Department's $535 million loan to solar panel manufacturer Solyndra, which has since gone bankrupt. The FBI and a congressional committee have launched investigations into the company's collapse amid questions about how the Energy Department allocates funds in its program to encourage green energy.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

You know they want these cars so they can be green with less pollution. Well what happens when you plug in for a recharge? I'm sure the energy consumption varies, but currently they draw alot, like running a a/c unit. So now we have green cars recharging at a rate of running your a/c, maybe with your a/c on too. My question is how clean is the wood or coal burning power plants that are being overloaded with electric rats?

You know they want these cars so they can be green with less pollution. Well what happens when you plug in for a recharge? I'm sure the energy consumption varies, but currently they draw alot, like running a a/c unit. So now we have green cars recharging at a rate of running your a/c, maybe with your a/c on too. My question is how clean is the wood or coal burning power plants that are being overloaded with electric rats?

Well according to Al Gore and the White House there is no polution they are 100% clean.......unless the Electron Faries fart. Nobody realizes the the energy to build them, charge them and recycle the batteries causes more polution than a conventional car or truck. LNG seems the best alternative to me. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

what a crock,,,thier already wining here in reno,about saving your electric,,in the summer ,,,too many AC,s going,,,and thanks for all thier efforts to put more jobs here,,,and i suppose they will expect us to buy,,thier import s----t....lets hope the us citizens tell them to stuff thier cars,,,but they probably will,,,chevrolet built all these volts,,,and they cant unload them,,,they thought they were going to be a big splash,,,but found out nobody wants them.lololololol.bob

what a crock,,,thier already wining here in reno,about saving your electric,,in the summer ,,,too many AC,s going,,,and thanks for all thier efforts to put more jobs here,,,and i suppose they will expect us to buy,,thier import s----t....lets hope the us citizens tell them to stuff thier cars,,,but they probably will,,,chevrolet built all these volts,,,and they cant unload them,,,they thought they were going to be a big splash,,,but found out nobody wants them.lololololol.bob