B85 Master Cylinder

triumph tech

Do you have the original Master cylinder? If so it can be rebuilt by White Post in Virginia (google for contact info), They do excellent work and offer a lifetime gurantee. If you do not have the master cylinder then first check with Napa, they still had a listing for our B75 a few years ago, and if not then check with Matt Pfahl, he probably has one that can be sent to White Post.His banner ad runs on this website.

Good Luck,

Firemack

If you have the old part you will be able to find a part number on it. It may take a little cleaning, but it's there. Once you have the PN try entering it in a search engine. I found the master cylinder for my Type 75A at Amazon of all places for $130.00.

Or as Firemack said you can send it to a re-builder such as White Post to have it sleeved.

Are you going to do a complete brake job? If so the drill is the same for the wheel cylinders. You may find some on-line or you can have them sleeved. The shoes can be re-lined by a shop that specializes in doing brakes. I used Automotive Manufacturers in Richmond, but I'm sure you can find a local company by asking the counter person at your local truck parts store.

All told expect to pay about $12 to $1500.00 to do a complete brake job if you do the labor yourself. That does not include new or re-surfaced drums.

Also; with the server acting up on this site you ended up posting this topic three times. If you go on the other two entries you can delete them.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Sorry about the multiple posts, not sure how that happened, and I have been unable to delete them. I don't know why I didn't think of White Post myself, as I have used them for my classic car hydraulic rebuilds quite a few times in the past with good results. My local NAPA hasn't been much help, they don't seem to be interested in researching any oddball stuff. The rest of the system has been restored, all I need is the master cylinder.

Sorry about the multiple posts, not sure how that happened, and I have been unable to delete them. I don't know why I didn't think of White Post myself, as I have used them for my classic car hydraulic rebuilds quite a few times in the past with good results. My local NAPA hasn't been much help, they don't seem to be interested in researching any oddball stuff. The rest of the system has been restored, all I need is the master cylinder.

you know napa is not like they used to be...... a few years ago,everybody would get excited in any auto part store,,if you had something unusual,,everyone would come over and ask questions about it,,,and each parts man had thier own idea,what you can do with it,,,now days,nobody seems interested anymore,,,thats why i try to do all my business on this magic machine,,,if they dont answer your email,,you have the wrong party.lol...good luck,n keep trying.bob