Need Stewart Warner 777-F Adapter

I am looking for a Stewart Warner Model 777-F Adapter with a 1.2020 ratio for my 1965 B Model pumper. The adapter may be know as part 119AX4605. I changed the rear from a 5.14 to a 4.25 and need this adapter to make the spedo correct.

Any suggestions would be appreciate,

Mark

I am looking for a Stewart Warner Model 777-F Adapter with a 1.2020 ratio for my 1965 B Model pumper. The adapter may be know as part 119AX4605. I changed the rear from a 5.14 to a 4.25 and need this adapter to make the spedo correct.

Any suggestions would be appreciate,

Mark

every vehicle is differant,,any speedometer shop can hook you up..with the correct gear.but i havent seen a speedo shop in years.good luck.bob

What size tires are you running, and what transmission do you have? Do you have the housing itself with the wrong gear installed for your application, or do you require everything complete? The truck parts store I use still has a lot of S-W stuff in stock although I can't promise anything particular.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...

hi cant help with your part but am interested in what the store that rob uses is, im chasing a SW speedo drive shaft and wondered if they might have one???

cheers

What transmission do you have Ellis?

I'll certainly check for you.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That was bloody quick, its a 1972 spicer 4 speed joey, model no 8341D, bom is 300786-4. The shaft is a SW no 448909. Its 6" long, 3/8" & 9/16" diam.

thanks

I'll be in there tomorrow and will take your information with me. I used to work in a speedometer shop many years ago and know the parts you are looking for but the terminology may differ due to location.

Do you have the main housing? Do you require this drive to be through a 90 degree angle, or straight? The driveshaft you refer to is called a "pencil gear" over here. If you could snap me a photo of what you have to connect to.

Rob

Now youve got me, yes have everything bar the working shaft, i have got one - but someone has ground the gear off it... why i cant fathom. The "pencil gear" slides in at 90degrees to tail shaft and on a slight downward angle, is held in with small cover plate with two 1/2" bolts, speedo cable then fits onto exposed end. not sure what else i can say as im not full bottle with these things. im not even sure if straight or helical cut gear is on it. ive tried to locate one in aust but no agencies still carry such old spicer parts and none to be found in wreckers, would be one or two floating around the country but in someones shed or being used in complete g/box.

thanks again for your help, whilst i can get by without the speedo - would sure be better to have it working.

cheers ellis

sorry for delayed reply Rob, been flat out, the rear end is 8.24 and running 10.00/20 tyres. hope this helps, dont bust a gut getting to this mob, but certainly appreciate if you could find out if they stock one, would be one less problem. im just about to try and rego the b model and now think that its got a blown head gasket or even a cracked head, this motor doesnt have the fire rings - gave her a decent run and building pressure in radiator, so more work to do, never ends.

all the best ellis

sorry for delayed reply Rob, been flat out, the rear end is 8.24 and running 10.00/20 tyres. hope this helps, dont bust a gut getting to this mob, but certainly appreciate if you could find out if they stock one, would be one less problem. im just about to try and rego the b model and now think that its got a blown head gasket or even a cracked head, this motor doesnt have the fire rings - gave her a decent run and building pressure in radiator, so more work to do, never ends.

all the best ellis

Hi Ellis, had plenty of meetings to attend yesterday so didn't get by there. Am going by this morning however. 8.24:1 ratio would really give you a limited road speed but plenty of reduction to move a load.

As I mentioned I can get you converted over to an electronic setup fairly easily if the mechanical assembly cannot be made to function either through lack of parts, or cost.

If you pull the heads from the motor go ahead and spend the money to have the fire ring groove scored into them. This is of course assuming they are good to start with. I think the last set I had done were only about $75.00 for the labor. The engine then can use a later style "Maxidyne" series head gasket set.

Rob