Dead Dog

Drew92472

Ok I have a 1990 R690ST with I think a ENDT675 was told it is a 350hp, It has been a good truck but it died when pulling into park just like you pulled the manual kill, It has fuel, when cranked with fuel return line unhooked will shoot fuel about 30 inches or so straight up in air, have taken manual kill loose an it does not effect truck, went ahead an changed fuel filters remembering the KISS rule[keep it simple stupid], fuel line look good no drips,nothing to see in tank, cut old filters open no trash to speak of, No fuel out of injection lines when cranked,

Ok I have a 1990 R690ST with I think a ENDT675 was told it is a 350hp, It has been a good truck but it died when pulling into park just like you pulled the manual kill, It has fuel, when cranked with fuel return line unhooked will shoot fuel about 30 inches or so straight up in air, have taken manual kill loose an it does not effect truck, went ahead an changed fuel filters remembering the KISS rule[keep it simple stupid], fuel line look good no drips,nothing to see in tank, cut old filters open no trash to speak of, No fuel out of injection lines when cranked,

Sounds like the governor linkage has come apart in the rear of the pump. The disconnected linkage cannot pull on the fuel rack, rotating the plunger barrels, exposing the fuel gallery spill port to fill the plunger barrels,allowing the upward traveling of the plunger piston to elevate to fuel pressure until the injectors "pop off" and inject fuel into the engine.

At least that would be my guess cause Other Dog told me so.

That Other Dog is my Hero you know.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Sounds like the governor linkage has come apart in the rear of the pump. The disconnected linkage cannot pull on the fuel rack, rotating the plunger barrels, exposing the fuel gallery spill port to fill the plunger barrels,allowing the upward traveling of the plunger piston to elevate to fuel pressure until the injectors "pop off" and inject fuel into the engine.

At least that would be my guess cause Other Dog told me so.

That Other Dog is my Hero you know.

Rob

Well, if nothing else, I know how my fuel injector works!

You should break a few injector lines and crank and see if the injector pumps fuel out of the bonnets. If not remeove the top of the governor and i think this is a E6 engine. With the top off mash you throdle and then oull stop. You should see the rack moving. If you dont know what the rack is find a mechanic that knows mack engines and if rack no moves you may have a stuck pump.If so you by no means want that engine running untill the injector pump is repaired.

glenn akers

You should see some fuel spray when you crack louse an injector even when the engine spins at cranking rpm. Make sure the pump is getting fuel. If you have a hand primer pump it untill fuel comes out the return. May have a fuel pick up issue so add some fuel to the tank if its low...