End Dump Trailer

Hi all

Has anybody an idea how I could prepare my Dump Trailer Body (steel) that the load slips

easier out of the body. I am carring plaster stones for a portland cement producer.

Normally, there is quite a large part which stucks ahead of the body.

Marcel

Hi all

Has anybody an idea how I could prepare my Dump Trailer Body (steel) that the load slips

easier out of the body. I am carring plaster stones for a portland cement producer.

Marcel

There are several companies that market custom plastic liners for just this purpose. Wiegand liners in Chillicothe, IL does a very good job with theirs.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks for your reply

There is a small problem, I live in the Dominican Republic. Guess, these companies do not

resell over here. Anyway, I will contact them.

Paintings, could it be that there a industrial paintings which are drying extremly heard to

sustain the stones.

Thanks

Marcel

Thanks for your reply

There is a small problem, I live in the Dominican Republic. Guess, these companies do not

resell over here. Anyway, I will contact them.

Paintings, could it be that there a industrial paintings which are drying extremly heard to

sustain the stones.

Thanks

Marcel

You mean like a spray-in bed-liner such as Rhinocoat or Line-X? I'm not sure that would work too well in an end dump, since most of those spray-in bed-liners also increase grip so that things won't slide around in the bed of the truck....and that wouldn't work too well when you WANT the stuff in the bed to slide out.

I'm afraid if you use TOO hard of a coating, it'll just chip & flake off.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Marcel

I use a liner in my bobtail dump. It is a slick poly material they come in different lengths and widths. If you ever plan to haul hot mix asphalt you either have to remove the liner or buy a very expensive one that can take the heat. My bed is 13.5 feet and i think the liner is 10 feet wide (It goes up the sides about 18 inches) and it cost about 350.00 without installation. I put it in myself and it was a chore. They say it needs to be at least 70 degrees outside for it to lay flat and mold to the bed. I say it needs to be closer to 90 degrees.

They will charge you by the foot, If all you haul is soil, sand, and some rock a 1/4 inch liner is all you need. if you haul rip rap or any demo debis consider getting something thicker.

http://www.rrrsupply.com/poly-truck-liners/

This is similar to what people around here use. A spray in liner will hold more dirt than it does on bare metal. Diesel works but if it isn't allowed you may have work that shovel.

PS no matter what liner you have mud will stick to anything especially drilling mud. Drew

Drew