Just Bought My 1St Truck...

unclebilly

Hi,

After looking at several trucks over the past month, I bought my first truck. I bought the truck to haul gravel for the road I am building into my farm. I estimate that I need 120 loads of gravel for this project.

The truck appears to be in fairly nice shape, there are no visible leaks, it shifts really nice, it has just over 1000000 kms on it. This is a day cab truck converted to a gravel truck. The seller is going to have the truck re-safety'd on his dime and cover the cost of any needed repairs.

What are some f the first things I should do beside the obvious oil change, etc?

Hi,

After looking at several trucks over the past month, I bought my first truck. I bought the truck to haul gravel for the road I am building into my farm. I estimate that I need 120 loads of gravel for this project.

The truck appears to be in fairly nice shape, there are no visible leaks, it shifts really nice, it has just over 1000000 kms on it. This is a day cab truck converted to a gravel truck. The seller is going to have the truck re-safety'd on his dime and cover the cost of any needed repairs.

What are some f the first things I should do beside the obvious oil change, etc?

I would just check the usual- make sure the trans. and rears are full of grease, radiator's full, belts and hoses are good, got fuel in it, and run it a while and see how it does.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I will post more photos when I get it home.

you will like that hoist, cover keeps the grit out, tronion mounts to the bottom of the box,more stable

with the upside down desine all the grit falls away from the packing instead of into it.

very trouble free setup.